Blacks Creek Alaskan or Canadian pack

MITROLL

I've decided to go with the Blacks Creek brand of packs. Main use will be as a day pack for Mule deer and Antelope where I will be packing out some meat possibly. Also thought about the Kelty Cache hauler as a supplemental frame pack to go with either pack. I will be hunting with a partner so the Kelty and the Blacks Creek combos seems like a good deal. Any inputy will be appreciated. Thanks.

I think your making the right choice. Your talking about the exact combination of packs that I'm currently using myself. Using these two packs, I was able to haul my son's buck out in two loads last year. First load in the Alaskan, and then the remainder with my Kelty.
The Kelty is awesome, because you're only limitation for loading it, is how much you can carry.
And the Alaskan is a well thought out pack that is built hell-for-stought, and is a joy to carry all day. It's also roomy enough that you could do a 2 or 3 day hunt using just this pack to get you in to the back country.
I think that you're going to be very happy with your choices, good luck in your hunts this fall. Scott

I have an Alaskan and I love it. Its a great pack. The Canadian is nice also but I like the option of the extra room with the Alaskan.

Andy

I love my Alaskan. It's a great pack and will haul your camp and the kitchen sink for a weeks hunt miles from everyone. This being said, I'd get a smaller pack for day hunts. If you are going to camp for a few days or more, I'd get a much smaller day pack but for hauling out your meat, you could definitely haul out at least one mule deer easily in the Alaskan!

i have the alakan, 3months this summer 70-100 lbs every night up and down hills ,1 caribou and 2 mulies packed out plus 1/2 half boned out elk, i like it better than my cabelas external frame pack.... little heavy for a day pack but holds a boned out mulie.... no problems and alot better than a j104 i have been packing with last 2 hunting seasons....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom