BLM

NoDoe

Does Wyoming have any off road resrictions on BLM land? I looked in the regs but did not see any thing.
Thanks Don

Stay on the established roadways and DON'T MAKE NEW TRACKS OR GAME WARDEN WILL SITE YOU IF CAUGHT. 3 years ago a GW told us they are inforcing the rule unlike in the past.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

yes they do. the game and fish does not manage the blm therefor its not published in the regs. but they are the ones who will sight you if your caught. the game and fish have all the rights of cops in wyoming and then some. they do not need a warrent to seach your vehical and house. just probable cause.

moseley middleton

Where you see a sign that says no motorized vechicles beyond this point then you know your at the end of the road.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-12 AT 04:01AM (MST)[p]"the game and fish have all the rights of cops in wyoming and then some. they do not need a warrent to seach your vehical and house. just probable cause"

FYI-Actually, G&F can only enforce game and fish laws. They can not enforce any other WY State Statutes.

Any Peace Officer can search your vehicle without a warrant as long as they have probable cause. This exception to the search and seizure warrant requirement is because you have a less expectation of privacy in your vehicle and the vehicle can be moved.

As far as searching someone's house, a search and seizure warrant must be obtained from a judge based upon probable cause.

The WY G&F can't ignore the 4th Amendment of the United States Constitution.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-12 AT 04:04AM (MST)[p]A Gamewarden told me he would allow retrieval of game up to 100 yards of a road with my ATV.Any further and you will get a ticket.But this was from one gamewarden and I don't know if there is any written laws on this.
Anymore I don't take my ATV out west .I pack out my game myself,either on my back or my game cart.

>Do they they cut you any
>slack for retrieveing game?
>Don

i would not drive off the road to retrieve game. then you leave tracks and others use those tracks and a new road has began and next they are shutting the road down. just take the time to drag the animal od quarter them out....

Leave the 4 wheeler at home and do not drive your truck anywhere off the road for any reason. Bad news if you draw the wrong fella....

Semper Fi

Despite some opinions on here there is nothing wrong with an ATV used properly. In fact, an ATV is much less destructive on a muddy 2 track than a chained - up pickup truck. The key , like anything else, is using it properly. If you go on the BLM website it talks about what is legal and what isn't. You can also call the regional office for the area you'll be hunting. Always better to get that info straight from the horses mouth.

I agree with Chipc. Just drive them on an established road! They can be a great tool if used properly, and with the price of fuel and trucks these days, you save on gas and wear and tear. I wouldn't say most people use them improperly, but some definitely do . . .

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom