Blood clot question?

2lumpy

Long Time Member
Pretty good comments shared on Kidney Stones. I have a new medical question for y’all.

Has an anyone had a blood clot in their liver. I’m told it’s quite rare. I’ve been told the medical community is not all that sure on what is the most desirable way to dissolve them, like they are with, say……. lung clots.

Anyone had one or treated a liver blood clot in the last few years.

Thanks for any observations regarding this issue.

blood clots of any kind can be deadly. Blood travels throught the circulatory system. If a clot travels through that sytem there is always a chance to have a stroke or pulminary embolism. I would follow up on your condition.

Portal vein thrombosis is usually treated with anticoagulation. The length of treatment varies but usually you are on an oral medication like Eliquis. The cause can range from something as serious as cancer or something not as serious like liver disease. You will likely have multiple ultrasounds to evaluate the thrombus as see if it has gone away or become chronic in nature before they take you off the anticoagulation therapy. Figuring out why you or said person ended up with the thrombus is the important question. Hope this help.

Just judging by what I’ve observed here on monster muleys, most of the guys in here experience with blood clots would be in the brain, not the liver. But you may get some advice, never know

blood clots of any kind can be deadly. Blood travels throught the circulatory system. If a clot travels through that sytem there is always a chance to have a stroke or pulminary embolism. I would follow up on your condition.

Portal vein thrombosis is usually treated with anticoagulation. The length of treatment varies but usually you are on an oral medication like Eliquis. The cause can range from something as serious as cancer or something not as serious like liver disease. You will likely have multiple ultrasounds to evaluate the thrombus as see if it has gone away or become chronic in nature before they take you off the anticoagulation therapy. Figuring out why you or said person ended up with the thrombus is the important question. Hope this help.
Cayenne pepper 🌶 powder...
Thank you Gentlemen. Very much appreciate your input and explanations.

My Doc here has said much the same, except for the Cayenne pepper powder. 😁 He has me on Xarelto, rather than Eliquis amongst others things such as high blood pressure, and metformen. I really like the Doc here, he’s extremely informative and explains everything thing extremely well. I’m just throwing this out because the people I’ve talked to all keep telling me a liver clot is unusual and uncommon. I took a spill m and broke a rib 30 days ago and that’s when they discovered these two clots, but they can’t say definitively if the fall caused them or I already had them.

Had a rough three weeks with the rib but the last week has been much much better.

Again, thanks very much for your input.

I know drinking wasn't the cause with the liver, so you just have to be more careful dancing on the graves of your enemies!! :)

A friend passed 2 years ago from basically the same thing, but it is really uncommon. the liver issue and subsequent kidney failure at the same time was ultimately linked to Agent Orange accelerating his diabetes problem.

I know drinking wasn't the cause with the liver, so you just have to be more careful dancing on the graves of your enemies!! :)

A friend passed 2 years ago from basically the same thing, but it is really uncommon. the liver issue and subsequent kidney failure at the same time was ultimately linked to Agent Orange accelerating his diabetes problem.
Dang sorry to hear that about your friend Chef Blank. I stopped dancing on graves about the same time I retired from drinking. 😁

Thank you Gentlemen. Very much appreciate your input and explanations.

My Doc here has said much the same, except for the Cayenne pepper powder. 😁 He has me on Xarelto, rather than Eliquis amongst others things such as high blood pressure, and metformen. I really like the Doc here, he’s extremely informative and explains everything thing extremely well. I’m just throwing this out because the people I’ve talked to all keep telling me a liver clot is unusual and uncommon. I took a spill m and broke a rib 30 days ago and that’s when they discovered these two clots, but they can’t say definitively if the fall caused them or I already had them.

Had a rough three weeks with the rib but the last week has been much much better.

Again, thanks very much for your input.

My wife got leg clot after I rolled a wheeler with her in it 17 yrs ago.

Long term she blew veins in calf, wears a compression sock when we fly, or drive long distance.

Long after the clot passed, and to this day she still takes aspirin everyday.

I know that doesn't help much with the liver.

I'm sure some Busch Light would disolve them though, that's about all it's good for.

No clots in my liver, but I had massive clotting in my legs when I was a senior in High School. It nearly killed me. Some Doctors say it was a clotting disorder, but I had stints put in recently from a Doctor that said it was from trauma which brought to memory an accident working on a cattle ranch where I had a cow step on my stomach area. I tried the Xarelto route after years of coumadin but went back to the coumadin after some problems with Xarelto. I have taking coumadin for around 14 years now. Clots can take some time to absorb, but thinners do help. Is it painful? My clots were extremely painful.

I would be more concerned regarding cause of the clots. I hope your doc went over some options.

That being said, I understand that Grangestone single barley malt will fix things up.

No clots in my liver, but I had massive clotting in my legs when I was a senior in High School. It nearly killed me. Some Doctors say it was a clotting disorder, but I had stints put in recently from a Doctor that said it was from trauma which brought to memory an accident working on a cattle ranch where I had a cow step on my stomach area. I tried the Xarelto route after years of coumadin but went back to the coumadin after some problems with Xarelto. I have taking coumadin for around 14 years now. Clots can take some time to absorb, but thinners do help. Is it painful? My clots were extremely painful.
Thanks Onthehoof. No pain for either the lung or the liver clot. It least not yet. Fingers crossed.

I would be more concerned regarding cause of the clots. I hope your doc went over some options.

That being said, I understand that Grangestone single barley malt will fix things up.
He did. It came down to me asking what he would do if it was him………. I chose his choice.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom