Bogen/SLC 15-56 Bio.

okiebugle

Anyone know what type of adapter you need to work on a bogen and SLC 15-56 Bio. Just need a little help. Also is the Bogen I need the 3265. If any has anything to add I would sure appreciate it. Thanks. okie.

okiebugle, I have the slc 15x56's and a bogen tripod. I bought the special Swarovski 15x56 tripod mount. Bogen (also known as manfretto) makes a base that adapts to the swarovski attachments. So check with bogen and tell them what you have and they can hook you up. fatrooster.

Okie, go to outdoorsmans.com and click on "tripods and accessories" then scroll down until you see "swarovski slc adapter." Also check out the outdoorsmans tripod mount. Both are great. I personally owne the one made by swarovski. goodluck. fatrooster.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-05 AT 04:39AM (MST)[p]Thank you rooster, I well check it out.

What is the difference in the Outdoormans Tripod adapter that is 79.95. And the SLC one. By the way are from Arizona.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-05 AT 09:27PM (MST)[p]With the setup you are talking about there will basicly be 5 items from top to botom they include:

1. The Binos
2. SLC Tripod Adaptor
3. 3147N mounting plate
4. 3265 grip action ball head
5. bogen tripod Tripod

You should already have the SLC Swarovski tripod adaptor. They should have came with the 15x56's.

I have the Bogen Tripod mod. 3001N ($87) with the 3265 grip action ball head ($84). The head will come with one mounting plate. If you need extra mounting plates for video camera's or spotting scope the mod # is 3157N ($14) ea. I bought this setup from Canoga Camera www.CanogaCamera.com

Hope this helps. A couple things I do not like about my system is the tripod is shiny and reflects too much, the wieght of it is the other issue.

If that was a big enough concern I would go with the Outdoorsmen system. Altough it is more expensive, and not quite as stead. It is also not tall enough to glass from standing position. It is lighter and has a dull finish.

Yes Okie, the outdoorsmans is in Arizona. In Pheonix on North Cave Creek road to be exact. The tripod adapter that they make is just thier owne version. It will work with many namebrand binoculars where the swarovski was made for swarovski. Outdoorsmans products are usually lighter in weight also if that is an issue for ya. I've been thinking about getting thier tripod but haven't taken the plunge yet. Anyways, either one will get the job done but outdoorsmans is a little more versitile. fatrooster.

WB about the shiny bogen tripod, I went to my ACE hardware store and they sell dull sun absorbing camo paint that works great. I just put a light coat on and now the tripod is blends in very well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom