Boise

COBUK

All,

Going to Boise for the first time. Any suggestions for sporting good stores, taxidermist shops, gun shops, etc that would be good places to visit while in town?

Thanks,
COBUK

The Boise Gun Company is one of the biggest gun shops in town, to my knowledge. There is also a Sportsmans Warehouse in Meridian/Eagle, which is about 15 minutes West of Boise.

If you need directions or any other suggestions you can email me rseals @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

You may want to go see Moosie while your in the area, he loves hooking-up with younger guys from out of town. He is a Treasure Valley attraction. :)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-05 AT 01:08PM (MST)[p]my recommendation would be to boycott Boise and move on to wyoming!!!

CoBuck, Don't mind B_F_E, He likes to take the Blue pills instead of the Red one his Theropist perscribes him. he thinks the Blue pills will make his Jimmy grow but it jsut makes him a Bigger D***. :)

There is Alot to do in Boise, Even more to do in Nampa (were I live) You could cut my grass, Put Siding on my shop, Etc....

Just kidding...

the Boise Gun Club is a good one, there are alot of other Good stores. Sportsmans wearhouse isn't far out of town and Idaho Outdoor Outfitters in in Nampa but worth the drive. Just off of Exit 36. There are Many a Good taxidermist around and alot of good things to see. Heck, I have a House Full of Dead Chit you can look at if you're that bored.

You planning to move here ?

• [*] -Moosie
~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
WALK the TALK, Or shut the HECK UP !!

Cobuk, sounds like I was correct that Moosie would love to see you. He usually doesn't invite guys over to his house until the 2nd date, so he must really like you, just be careful, lest you find yourself lock up somewhere down in his basement.

B.F.G., (Big Fat Girl) Doesn't your Warden put time restrictions on your Internet use ? Or are you doing extra Favors for him again to get extra "Log On" time ?

Cobuck, remember Utah is a Four letter word, Don't listen to guys from there. Go check out the Moosie Bashing post, Some guys are Obsessed. What's wierd is he Bashed me online but Sends flowers to my work once every two weeks. I tell you, Most guys that post are normal but some.... Geeesh. If he wasn't in Jail I'd file another restraining order.

There is alot of other things to do and see here. Downtown is Fish and Games headquarters. There is a Fish park right there that has alot about Salmon and other fish and animals. Some of the Bigger taxidermists are Alan M. With Kodiak and Bob U. with Sundance. There are a Ton others but Alan probably has the Best show room and is only 10 mins from town. I use Preston With Wild Things in Nampa due to logistics, Cost, and Quality. He just doesn't have a Huge showroon.

Other then that, Ignor the Utard. What dates are you coming down for ? If your coming down over the 15-16th there is a Big Mule deer golf Scramble going on in 3 Island Crossing. My website sponsored a Hole and the D.H.I. (Deer Hunters of Idaho) that I'm a member of also Sponsored a hole. Keep that in mind.

Good luck on your trip, It will be fun.........

• [*] -Moosie

Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. We're just going there on vacation, not moving there yet. Will be in town the 3rd through the 7th. Dang, I'm going to miss the MD Golf Scramble. Sorry Moosie!

Thanks,
COBUK

My ex-wife lives in Boise.
If you see her, tell her the best thing that ever happened to me, was her hauling ass.
HH

Just got back from another dreaded trip to boise, every freakin 2 weeks I have to fly up there, glad to be back home to the utarded rat race.
get home and what do i do, head back to idaho sunday to scout the bucks where i guide, then home for 3 days, and back to boise sat thru tuesday next week for company party...thinking i should move my @$$ up there
alot less jet lag and a fish and game that cares about there residents.

I would go eat at a restaurant called the "Big Bun". It is a fast food hamburger joint, but has the best burgers around (in my opinion). My favorite is the R&R burger, it is sauted mushrooms, melted swiss chesse and sprouts on a burger. Very tasty!! It is located on Overland road just up the hill from Orchard.

Also, there is a great sandwhich shop by the name of "Cobbeys". Boise has 3 or 4 of them around, a must eat while you are there. I go with the turkey and avacoda on sourdough bread.

the only good thing that ever came out of Idaho was Napoleon Dynamite, other than that, I'm not really sure what good could come from Boise.

Try stoppping in at the Mr. Potato Head Factory; I heard that some stud that lives up that way and that posts on this forum is modeling for the NEW Mr. Potato head super hero action figure. Maybe you can pick up an autograghed one--be worth a mint on E-bay. :RIMROCK

Drake, Jsut curious what unit /Zone you guide in. I wouldn't think Guiding made enough money to travel back and forth from Utah to Boise ? Hell it's a 5 hour drive to SLC from here. You should just move over, I have a few Rental Houses you could choose from for ya. Just let me know :)

Shelby, thanx for the Heads up, I work Downtown so I never make it to that side of the State. But as RimJob pointed out, I like to Eat so I'll be showing my face in that joint next week.

Cobys is also a Good Sandwich shop. Just real packed at lunch. Leave early. But then again, just drive down the Road and Go to Busters. It is a Nice Sports bar... Like Hooters. Although Hooters jsut came into town earlier this year And I still haven't made it over there yet. I'll wait till the Novelty wears off.

Piranha, I'm guessing that post was to See if you could Fire me up ? Good luck.....;) Like to live in a Good size City but still only drive 1/2 hour to go Snow Skiing ? Water Skiing ? Hunting ? Boating ? Fishing ? Ride Miles of Hill Bike trails ? Go to Plays ? Dances ? Outdoor theators ? Relitivly low House prices to boot....

Want a Few Facts ? Ever saw a College field with a Blue turf ? Ever Heard of Alberson's food store ? That's right, Came out of Boise. Micron ? One of the Top Computer Manufacture's... YEP, Bosie. Maybe you've bought an H.P. (Hewlett-Packard) ? Give ya one guess were the headquarters are.

Here is what Boise is :

about1.jpg

Located along the Boise River and nestled against foothills of the Rocky Mountains, our city offers many outdoor activities to local residents, from skiing at Bogus Basin Ski Resort to biking on the Boise River Greenbelt to boating at nearby reservoirs. The Boise area has it all - desert, rivers, mountains and lakes for hiking, camping, kayaking, river rafting, hunting and fishing.

Best Place for Business and Careers
Forbes magazine. 2005
Second Best City in America to Do Business
Inc. magazine. 2005
No. 7 metro area in the nation to do business
Forbes magazine. 2004
No. 5 city its size in the nation for favorable cost-of-doing-business
KPMG LLP. 2004
No. 13 best overall city
National Policy Research Council's Gold Guide. May 2004
Idaho IceWorld one of the Coolest Rinks in America
American Hockey magazine. 2004
Idaho's Sportstown USA
Sports Illustrated magazine. 2004
Boise Parks & Recreation Magnet Center for Quality Sports
National Recreation & Parks Association. 2004
"Oasis for Retirees"
Wall Street Journal. 2004
"Jewel of the West"
Travel Tips magazine
No. 1 mountain biking town
Bike magazine. June 2003
Boise River named one of West's top 12 rivers
Sunset magazine. June 2003

Population - City 181,711 City of Boise (APA, June 2000)
Population - MSA 403,817 (MSA - Ada & Canyon Counties)
Elevation 2,842 feet
Land Area 1,645 sq mi (Boise MSA)
Annual Precipitation 12.11 inches
Sunshine Days 234
Temperature Average
January 22-36 degrees F
April 37-61 degrees F
July 58-90 degrees F
October 29-65 degrees F

When I run for Mayor in a Few years for this Great city I want people to remember me how I was :)

• [*] -Moosie

Nope, just stating my opinion moosie. I did like the info provided though, sounds great, but even Tooele Utah or Magna can claim much of those same things and I don't consider them jewels.

So what's considered a Good place to live ? If not a Good safe place to raise a Family with LOW Crime, affordable housing, tons of things to do, and an Ecconomy thats top 10 in the United states ?

Just wondering........

But if you RE-read what you wrote, You said nothnig "GOOD" came out of Idaho. (Except Napoleon Dynamite which I really need to see again, Fetchin Awesome Flick. "I caught you a Delicious bass" HAHA !!!!)

"the only good thing that ever came out of Idaho was Napoleon Dynamite, other than that, I'm not really sure what good could come from Boise. "

So I shared what Not only "COULD" come out, But what "HAS". I'm not a "NATIVE" by any means but I've hung my hat here since my School days and this is were I'll live till I die I'm sure.

OHH, DID I mension SIMPLOT ? J.R. is still kicking around the town in his Electric Wheelchair. He's sent alot of great things out of Boise and Idaho.

You at "work" like me today too ;)

• [*] -Moosie

come on Moosie, you know that I'm just kidding about your great city and state. But I still maintain the best thing out of Idaho was napoleon dynamite.
I was up there the other day and took a few pictures

42c6b836096d41fd.jpg

Kidding ? really ? Crap, And I'm so serious when I post. My feelings were Soooooo hurt.

Note to "funny boy", When telling a story, Make sure you think it through. When saying "the other day" don't post a Picture of Beliz Mexico that has a Date on it from 5 years ago.

Welcome to Boise :

main2.jpg

• [*] -Moosie

actually that was Brazil in the ghetto and no one will believe it was Boise anyways, obviously it's too nice to be Boise. But I have been up to the coyote ugly saloon in Boise, but all they had in there were sheep dancing and not a lot of women, there were lots of farmers though.
42c6bf6a0fa80249.jpg

HUMM I was just in Beliz a couple months Ago and It looked just like that. My bad.

I'm ass-uming you're a "Utard" with the Silly lame Jokes you post. With that in mind, Although I understand your State logo is "Our Jesus is beter then Your Jesus", I'll share a Few ...

Do you know what they call a Utard with 1/2 a brain ?
Gifted.

What does a MM.com poster get on his S.A.T. ? (I put periods after the letters so you wouldn't think the word was "sat")
Answer : Drool

Here is an incident that happened to me last time I was in Utah and it's the reason I won't post too many jokes. Read it twice, You might get it :

I walked into a restaurant, ordered a drink and asked the waiter if he'd like to hear a good BYU joke. "Listen, buddy," the waiter growled. "See those two big guys on your left? They were both linemen on the BYU football team. And that huge fellow on your right was a world-class wrestler at the Y. That guy in the corner was the Y.'s all-time champion weightlifter. And I lettered in three sports at the Y. Now, are you absolutely positive you want to go ahead and tell your joke here?"

"Nah, guess not," I replied. "I wouldn't want to have to explain it five times.'

• [*] -Moosie

man Moosie you are way funny. I'll forgive you though because I know that people up in Boise are usually a little on the slow side, it's hard to think when you are concentrating on sheep all day.
I liked your jokes, they were waaaayyyyy fuuuunnnnyyyyy! Here's some I too found on the internet.If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March, you
>>might live in Idaho.
>>
>>If your brother's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of
>>his forehead, you might live in Idaho.
>>
>>If you have worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you might live
>>in Idaho.
>>
>>If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live
>>in Idaho.
>>
>>If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who
>>dialed a wrong number, you might live in Idaho.
>>
>>YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE IDAHOAN WHEN:
>>
>>1. "Vacation" means going east or west on I-84 for the weekend.
>>
>>2. You measure distance in hours.
>>
>>3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
>>
>>4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back
>>again.
>>
>>5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging
>>blizzard, without flinching.
>>
>>6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including
>>weddings).
>>
>>7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both
>>unlocked.
>>
>>8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how
to
>>use them.
>>
>>9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
>>
>>10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled
>>with snow.
>>
>>11. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and
>>road construction.
>>
>>12. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to
>>your blue spruce.
>>
>>13. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
>>
>>14. Down South to you means Utah or Nevada.
>>
>>15. A brat is something you eat.
>>
>>16. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole shed.
>>
>>17. You go out to a tail gate party every Friday.
>>
>>18. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
>>
>>19. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
>>
>>20. You find zero degrees "a little chilly."

SLOW ? It took you 25 Mins to Cut and Paste some Jokes from the Internet.

What's the difference between "piranha" and a litter of puppies?

Eventually, the litter of puppies grows up and stops whining.

• [*] -Moosie

don't worry moosie you are still everyone's hero, I guess I am slow. I want to be cool and refer to myself in the third person like you, how can piranha do that? Sorry for hurting your feelings about Boise, I guess it must have since you've been trying to burn piranha for piranha's comments.
what's the difference between Moosies wife and a catfish? One has whiskers and stinks, and the other one's a fish.
Tell everyone in Boise piranha says hi

-piranha
~if you're going to visit Idaho, ya might as well stop in to say hi to moosie, the greatest american ever, or shut the heck up.

LOL, Another Converted Moosie Fan Member... Soon, I'll own the WORLD !! BUUUAHAHAHA !!

One day I'll make it to SLC and Visit you and BFE and A few of the other Utards. I'll even bring the Hip Boots so we don't all drown in the BS :)

If you're ever in Bosie dropping of your Trash, Look me up Bud, (208)571-1ELK is the Cell #.

-Moosie

REMEMBER: It doesn't matter if they are saying good things or bad things about me, what matters is that they are talking about me.

WoW! moosie being nice. Or maybe not. Spent time in Bosie myself. And Twin Falls, and Jerome (no jokes please). Liked Idaho but MT called me baaaaak. mtmuley

Moosie,

Shhhhh....We got enough utards moving here as it is, lets try not to entice any more.

fowl

Moosie,
sounds good, if your ever in utardville stop by and let's go fish the provo.
(801)7184588
my place
42caf1510193c783.jpg

Love Piranha,
your best friend

Q: What do you call an intelligent person in Utah?

A: A visitor.

• [*] -Moosie

Moose
come on, just because your state is where all the psycho's and child molesters hide out (example. The Groene's kidnapper) don't take it out on the Utards.
I did hear a good joke about Idaho a while back though.
Three cowboys walk into the county fair and decide to get their fortunes told.
The first cowboy walks into the booth and sits down, "I bet you twenty bucks that I can guess where you are from" "You're on",came the reply. "Easy, you're from Colorado" "How the $@#% could you know that?", he asked. "Well from the silver dust on the bottom of your boots, they have a lot of silver there". He shook his head and pays then walks out. The next one enters , same bet same response. "You're from Arizona" she said. "That is amazing, but how could you know that?" "From the red rock dust on the bottom of your boots", she replied. And the final cowboy enters and sits down, she giggles to herself and makes the same offer for him and he accepts. "You are from Idaho, no doubt about it" "How can you tell?" he asked. "From the piece of wool stuck in your zipper".

If you knew ANYTHING about Idaho you'd know we wear Moon Boots and Use Velcro.....

IDIOT !!!! GOSH !!!!!!!

PS, Vote for Pedro !!!

• [*] -Moosie

bassmasta,

careful how you choose your fights.....Elizabeth smart ring a bell??? The kidnappers of her were pretty utarded if you ask me. The guy that kidnapped the kids here in Idaho isn't even from Idaho.

Gotta love the velcro moosie, beats shoelaces. Now only if Danner can figure out some velcro boots, I'll be set.

There is alot more Wacko's in Utardville then the Smart case.... I figured it was like saying you're dad is weaker then my dad so I left it alone.

I do have an Email into Danner but I've only gotten one Letter back from them. I'll enclose it :

Dear Mr ?Moosie?,

We are pleased that you are devoted to our brand of boots and hope you continue to use them. Our research department is continually looking for new ways to improve our product. We don't, however, understand how velcro in conjunction with shoelaces will improve our current design. The name Sheep~getter is catchy though. We will bring it under advisement in our next board meeting and reply with the results. Thank you for your Letter.

-Danner Staff

• [*] -Moosie

That's true, but Idaho definetly takes the cake for anti government groups and skin head groups as well. Tell you the truth, I'd take my chances in Utardville rather than Idaho, at least in Utah there's no wool found in their moonboots.
Moosie, good idea though on the boots, velro is the way to go.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom