Bonus Pts for Idaho moose, Sheep, and goats

feduptwo

I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about Bonus points for non Residents, or residents. 2011, 2012 or ever?

What the F$G told me last week was that they have no plans for Bonus points for non residents or residents at this time.I asked why don't you let the non residents have them they want them it would be a new source of income for the F$G.The answer was it would not be fair to non residents.But that could change with a new director.

The surprising thing about young fools is how many survive to become old fools.

The department was looking strongly at adopting some sort of bonus point system last year. The public shot the idea down. I hope we never go to a point system, but I would love it if we were limited to applying for one species per year, odds would sky rocket.

Yea no pts but extend the waiting period longer, it's a joke but the f@g is to too money poor.

I'm not a fan of points but if Idaho wants the revenue from the liesence apps they'll start the game. I can't afford to put in for long shot sheep odds without at least getting a point. I guess as long as there selling all the tags who cares.
Points do nothing to improve odds they just straighten out the order of draw. Basically it would guarentee that a non resident that was relativly young would eventually draw one sheep tag. There is no guarentee of that currently. The only way to improve odds is to increase tags or decrease hunters putting in for the tags.
Thanks guys,

Since NRs are in the same draw as residents TILL they meet the 10% quota, I don't really see how preference points would work there UNLESS they actually set aside 10% of the tags. And they won't. But as a revenue source, it would be huge to have PPs for non residents.

In the last 25 years I've bought the hunting license maybe 11-12 times. If they had PPs I would buy one every year since I know I would draw eventually.

I predict it won't happen.

If they wont make a point system for the non-res. I think that they should give them a higher percentage of the tags so they do have more incentive to come to our state. Non resident hunters mean more tourist dollars and im all for it. 25% of the tags is pretty fair you gotta give them somthing to want to come here.

Points plain suck for really high demand hunts!

Points are fine for hunts that turn over on a fairly regular basis. They keep some from drawing multiple times while others don't get a tag. Everyone waits their turn. There just are not enough sheep tags to guarentee a sheep tag. Period. So you set up some sort of pyramid scheme where the few first in are the only ones with dibbs on the tags...How fair is that?

Got to appreciate the fact that IDFG actually listened to the will of the majority of the sportsman on this one.

Well said elmer fud.

I can not get over how many people think like californa elk slayer. "I can't afford to put in without at least getting a point" "at least I know I will eventually draw"

That is the biggest bunch of hooey ever. NO you will not eventually draw. You very well MIGHT draw a sheep tag, but no points system is going to assure you that you WILL draw. Do some math man. There are not enough tags to ever roll through the applicants for a single year. NOT counting the thousasnds that will jump in to get on the ground level of the SCAM. What aobut the next group of hunters that can not apply yet?

Unless you are the "highlander" points are not going to help you get anything.

Geez, based on all the comments here it seems obvious that Fish and Game would make a lot more revenue with a BP sytems! But they actually didn't implement one? Isn't that contrary to the complaints that money is their only motivation!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom