Bookcliffs archery deer.

Max_1

I am a little disappointed that no one in my family drew seeing how the five of us had 7 resident points. From odds after last years draw we stood a good chance of almost being guaranteed before adding people jumping over and the tag cuts for this hunt earlier this month. I would appreciate it if any successful residents would be willing to share how many points it took them to draw the bookcliffs archery deer tag this year.

I didn't draw a tag but know a guy who also didn't get a books archery tag with 8 points.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

LAST EDITED ON May-27-11 AT 01:16PM (MST)[p]I drew a BC rifle tag with 8 points (sorry about that) It will be interesting to see how many crossovers there were. I would have thought that 7 pts would get you an archery tag.

That is really disapointing. I can't believe people weren't drawing archery with 8 points? I may be switching units.
a20792b12a43280588e9ae_s.JPG

Max-1, I drew this year and had 7 points according to the DWR website. Seems odd for me to draw with seven when it sounds like there were some who had eight and didn't.

Pulverizer

I drew with 7 points and that's what I thought it was pretty much max. but last year I put in for vernon and thought the same thing. But to many people jumped over with 7 and 8 points. But after going with a buddy on the vernon I was glad I didn't draw it because I spent the summer and the hunt with him and only seen one buck over 170. I hope the books has a lot better bucks!

I kind of have a weird feeling that there will be somewhere around 5 people with seven points who didn't draw and I will be related to all of them.

I've got 6 points now. I might put in for 2 more years. I'm having a tough time wanting to burn many more points on a archery hunt. Maybe it worth it? I hope?
a20792b12a43280588e9ae_s.JPG

My brother-in-law drew BC rifle with 7 point too. From the sound of it he was pretty lucky considering archery was not guaranteed with 8...

MAX_1... Nope my huntin buddy and myself were both unsuccessful W/7 points as well. Now who knows what the odds will be next year with all the changes and more tags cut.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom