Bosque Del Oso

virgil125

I was just looking thru my regulation brochure and was wondering what the deal with the bosque del oso SWA is. I havent been able to find to much information on it.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-11 AT 11:26AM (MST)[p]I really don't know much, but it's in the south-central part of the state, has a reputation for trophy elk, and is very difficult to draw a tag for.

Researched it a little a few years back when I had lots of deer points. What I heard: LOTS of bears, hit or miss for elk (could get a 300+ or not see any), and not worth it for deer. That was about 10 years ago, so things may have changed.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Pretty much the same now as it was 10 years ago. Just about THE spot to go for bears. I wouldn't waste the points required for elk, although if the stars all aligned, you might kill a bull upwards of 330.

I had a friend hunt it for elk last year,a game warden that coverd that area told him to put in for it and he told him some places to go,he came home empty handed.He did come home with a picture of what I think was a poached buck or a lion kill I cant remember,that the warden was investiating,It was well over 30 inch and junked out.But he said the deer numbers are low there but there are a few big ones around.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom