Boulder unit, north or east?

ColdBore

I have a rifle tag for the Boulder unit next month.

I have had zero time to scout, due to some other obligations. My best case scenario right now is being able to be in place a couple days prior to the season opener, that's it.

I have hunted north of Bryce Canyon in the past, when it was just the Southern unit. Haven't seen the country in three or four years. I have *never* seen the territory around to the east end of the unit.

So, going in cold, do I stick with the semi-known area and hope for the best, or is there a compelling reason to make the trip around to the other side?

I'm actually about half a beat away from just turning in the tag at this point, due to discouragement, and not knowing if I'm up for a completely in-the-blind "stroll in the woods with a rifle" at this point.

This year is truely looking like a wildcard weather wise..

STATE WIDE !!!!

Advise from the past few years might go right out the window this year!!!!

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Boulder is a tough unit with ANY weapon. If you keep the tag go hunt and have a blast. Keep your expectations low for a giant only becuz you haven't put in the time. There are great bulls down there but without scouting and KNOWING the area I wouldn't expect a lot. Goofy hit it on the head with the weather too.

Traditional >>>------->

The hunt isn't just about shooting a bull. It is about the preseason scouting . The trips to the unit. It's the hunt, not just the harvest. If you have missed out on all of that you might as well turn your tag in and enjoy the full hunt some other year. Just my two cents. Take it for what it's worth.

deer? used to be a lot of deer on boulder haven't been in quite a few years maybe it has changed,,,, but if your talking a deer tag and it has not changed to much you will do just fine ,,, go hunt

>Based on your post in the
>Deer Forum; You are talking
>about a deer tag right?
>

Correct. Sorry for the confusion!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom