Bowhunters Of Utah ********ATTN All Bowhunters!!!!!********8

CNEDEER

As many of you are aware a few months ago a few Bowhunters sat down to discuss some of the issues concerning bowhunting in Utah. Out of this gathering and through a huge amount of hard work by several very talented individuals Bowhunters Of Utah was born.

Bowhunters of Utah will be a member driven group made up of various committee's in the different regions of Utah, This way we will be able to deal with issues on an local level.

We as a board will hold ourselves to the highest level of conduct in all of our dealings. We would like concerned bowhunters to ask us the tough questions. We would all be happy to look you straight in the eye and give you a straightforward answer.

As a very young organization we will be constantly evolving and some changes will occur some minor and some major. Everything we as a group and organization will do will be totally geared toward bowhunting and where biologically possible Bowhunters of Utah will work to expand bowhunting opportunities.

Please look us up on the web, get to know who we are then contact us with your issues and concerns.

The Bowhunters of Utah Board look forward to hearing from and working with you.

http://www.bowhuntersofutah.org

I thought there already was a group that looks after bow hunters. It's called UBA. UBA has been around a long time. We don't need another group dividing us up ?in my opinion?. We need to stick together and with numbers we can get more accomplished in the state of Utah.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-06 AT 07:24PM (MST)[p] Scott you are 100% correct.

Bowhunters of Utah has no intention of dividing anything.

UBA is a great organization and has done some good things
in the past. I consider Clint a good friend and have discussed this with Jerry more than once. The groups will co exist, and more than likely as I have discussed with Jerry work side by side.

Now what BOU will offer is the knowledge of former RAC members that know how the game is played as well as most of the group that helped turn the AR-301 hunt into reality. Over half of the founding group of BOU are certified Bowhunter Education instructors and all are dedicated hardcore bowhunters.We simply wish to deal with BOWHUNTING ISSUES ONLY ON A YEAR ROUND BASIS.

The BOU plan is well thought out and tailored to work on
a very concentrated level.

As a person that hunts with a bow only I would be jumping for joy knowing the amount of dedication and knowledge that will be working for my passion Bowhunting.

Thanks
Gordy
Scott, or any other concerned bowhunters please feel free to call me with any issues or concerns you may have

801-597-4416

Scott we are very early in our organization
right now, but we do have two major projects underway
one is geared towards the Wasatch front extended area, the other has to do with some issues down south and keeping the current amount of days alloted to the deer bowhunt.
One other project is being put on hold untill probably in the spring.

Right now the founding board is working to build local committee's in each of the 5 regions, in fact this weekend we should have a committee set up in each of the regions. These committee's will consist of local members of the community
which will be able to deal with issues with their neighbors instead of having someone from Salt Lake try to figure out what is best for the people in say Beaver or Cedar City why not set up a group that can advise the BOU board on what needs to be done down the street instead of looking at things from hundreds of miles away.

Good things are happening with this group and it will only grow from here.

I am affiliated with BOU as the founding President.

I consider myself very very lucky to have the group of men and women around me that know how to get things done and have been down most of the roads we will go down many times.

The website for some reason has had it's issues today, we will get it figured out A.S.A.P.

Again you have my Phone Number listed above please do not hesitate to call

Oh my heck........ whats wrong with being a member of both...??

The heck with 'crossbow' wanna be arm chair-rifle hunters......

Pro target/3D shooters with UBA... thats great!! for sure.......

Pro bow hunting in Utah with BOU..... thats great!!! for sure...

All for like under $45.00 a year..... for 'BOTH' memberships...

Power in numbers no doubt.....

It is all good!

Robb

I have been calling fish and game and talking about the possibility of opening the old AF Canyon area that used to be open bull back into an archery only open bull area. Right now it is all included in the Wasatch tag which covers Strawberry Hobble Creek, etc. I hunt this area very heavily with a bow and arrow for deer and elk and it is my belief that VERY FEW people with a Wasatch tag ever hunt in AF Canyon. There are deep canyons and some areas that you must hike in or ride horses to and I believe that for the average rifle hunter they can kill a bull much easier around strawberry and hobble creek. Therefore not many people with the tag hunt AF canyon. I think MANY bulls grow old and die with out ever being hunted after they are spikes.
What can an organization like yours do to open the eyes of the fish and game in areas like this to provide more opportunities for us bow hunters to hunt elk in Utah?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Jason, Great question.

You hit the nail right on the head, eyes need to be opened.
That is going to be the main focus of BOU in dealing with things just like this. Bowhunters have not had much luck in the past showing up to the RACs with their hands out constantly saying we want, we need. This system does not work and gives
the appearance of greed. Our goal is to educate those that make the rules to show the benefits of bowhunting in these types of situations. First this has to make sense biologically, it must be safe for the public and it has to be good for all types of hunters not just bowhunters, to have a hope of even having an audience.

Promise to ya, I will speak to the biologists and law enforcement personnel involved in this area and get back to you.

www.bowhuntersofutah.org

Well, just wanted you to know that I'm climbing aboard. I know Travis, Guy and Tim. All are great men and I'm proud to know them.
I need to print off my registration form so I can dump it in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks for what you guys (BOU)are trying to do for all of us.
Tim

Thanks for the response I look forward to hearing back about what you find out. I would be glad to assist in any way possible in this effort. I have visited your website and I plan to join soon. I had my gall bladder yanked out today so I am just out of bed for a minute but I wanted to thank you for the response. My email address is [email protected]--- look forward to hearing from you soon.

I am sure there are some out there who have questions or wonder about BOU. Believe me it is long overdue and will be a benefit for bowhunting in Utah. However, if you would like to meet the faces behind BOU and ask the hard questions, your first chance will be the last weekend in July (29-30) Cache Archers will be holding their Back To Basics shoot (a bowhunters shoot) at Card Canyon. BOU will be there come and visit us, you can join and I believe we will have some drawings etc. This shoot is on a great range and will be a heck of a time, it is not designed around competition but as a gathering of Bowhunters. Thanks Cache Archers for giving BOU a chance to get in front of the public.

Travis

Just have one question for you wileywapati, you said,

"Scott we are very early in our organization
right now, but we do have two major projects underway
one is geared towards the Wasatch front extended area, the other has to do with some issues down south and keeping the current amount of days alloted to the deer bowhunt.
One other project is being put on hold untill probably in the spring."

What more can you tell me about the issues down south that you are working on?
I am from Southern Utah and would be interested in what you are doing down here.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff the project in the south deals with the crowding issue and the proposal last year by SFW to take the last week of the archery hunt away and make bowhunters choose a region for the first nine days of the hunt.

Depending on who you ask there is every bowhunter in the state down south for the entire hunt or there is no overcrowding issue at all. We will be contacting several hunters in the area to get their take on what is happening
to give this survey credibility and make it accurate it must follow a set of guidlines the DWR uses for their surveys.

If BOU is going to take the time with the survey we darn sure want to make sure the state has no problem with the way it is conducted.

If I can help further please dont hesitate to call

If people down south think that it is overcrowded and that every bowhunter in Utah is hunting down there they ought to go up Big Cottonwood Canyon on opening day of the bowhunt and see what Crowded really is! I believe that in any part of the state you can find a great spot to hunt with a bow if you are willing to hike and put in your time scouting. I think we need to keep the bowhunt statewide and make sure that the regular season isn't shortened. If there is anything we as hunters can do to help in these issues, can you let us know what they might be. Can we write letters, go to meetings, etc.? We need more opportunities for bowhunting and I for one am willing to do whatever I can to ensure that.

Happy friday to everyone. Hoping for some help with my so. utah archery tag. I recently purchesd 40 achers in hamlin valley which is surrounded by the neddle, mohogany and white rock mnt. ranges to the west, and the Indian peak and wah wah south range to the north and east. I have very little knowleage of this area and can not find a decent map of these ranges anywhere, I have spoke with both the BLM in ceader city and st. george witch both said they have no maps and thats the dept of forestry. I spoke with the dept. of forestry they say we have no maps and that its BLM land, So i called UDWR. they have no maps also, Ihave loked all over the net with no luck soooo, IM hoping someone out will be able to help me with some good info. I willing to do the leg work, just dont know where to get started. By the way this is my first archery deer tag. Thank you, rut2nut.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-06 AT 06:43PM (MST)[p]I don't know about where to get the maps in St George but up in Utah County there are several Utah Idaho Map Supply stores that have every map for every section of the state. Also there are some great online map sites. Some of them are free and some cost money. One of the best online map sites I have used is topozone.com They have a search you can do for free which will allow you to search any area you want to take a look at. You can also print sections or areas you look at. Good luck with your first bow hunt.

I understand the concern about unity and numbers and all that when some folks object to new organizations that they fear are going to compete with existing organizations. But the truth is that having many organizations is even more influential than having many members in a given organization and there is no competition, (at least if we all have our heads screwed on right).

I support BOU, as well as any other efforts to organize hunters and get us actively involved. If there is a difference of opinion between these organizations, as there often is, then it's a healthy thing.

What I will not support is any organization that trys to silence opposing points of view from other hunters. It's un-American.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom