broadhead baldes/vanes lined up??

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
first off, i am more of a rifle hunter than a archery hunter, call me a "rookie archery hunter" (i have stuck a javelina with my bow, thats it) i shoot muzzy 3 blade 100 grain broad heads. i usually put my inserts in so that the baldes are lined up with the vanes. what do you guys think is this necessary? i have heard from a buddy of mine who is more of a achery hunter than a rifle hunter that it doesnt really matter. my arrow flight is not perfect anyways but i want it to be the best it can be with a broadhead on. do the blades and the vanes need to be lined up or does it matter? i shoot Gold Tip Expedition Hunters with the factory vanes. i will probably be switching to Blazer vanes w/ wraps. should i worry about picking a few hunting arrows out and tuning them with the blades and vanes lined up or does it matter?
thanks!
Casey

Lining up you vanes to you blades won't do anything for arrow flight. I have tested it! Having enough vane surface area on the back of your arrow is more important.

It does matter that you say your arrow flight isn't perfect. If your bow and arrow setup aren't tuned properly your penetration and accuracy will suffer!

Buckmaster, you are 100% i need to figure out how to get them to shoot straight. i have a whisker bisquit rest and they arrows kick from side to side. when i have a little bit of money i will go to the archery shop and have them help me tune my bow.
Casey

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-07 AT 02:40PM (MST)[p]You don't need money my friend. It sounds like your center shot is off. You would need to move your rest left or right, just a hair at a time until you corrent your problem. The arrow is coming off the string and though your rest crooked. It needs to be straight. Google the Easton Arrow Tuning Guide. Download it and print it. Read it and it will tell you everything you need to know to get you going.

This is all dependent on you having the properly spined arrows in the first place. Consult Gold Tip's online arrow selection chart. Given your arrow shaft length, draw weight, and tip weight, you need to make sure you are shooting the proper arrow. After that is verified, then start tuning.

Do not worry about lining up your blades and vanes. It makes no difference.

Like others have said, no need to line up the vanes with the blades. How would you line up a 4 blade b-head with a 3 fletched arrow?! :)
Also, if you gave us a quick run down of your setup, we might be able to help you with your tuning. Draw length, draw weight, arrow length, arrow weight, etc.

Lien2

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom