Brother shot a great Az buck today

Here's a photo of grizzlyplumber's brothers buck. Nice AZ desert buck!

p1010028.JPG

BOHNTR )))---------->

We found the buck in a burn area with about 6 does, steep hill and lots of snow made it tough to try a stalk but I tried to come up the backside of the hill while Trevor made a soft push towards me. The does flushed past me at about 60 yards and I saw the buck walking at about 80. I tried to get ahead of him and he ended up flushing back toward Trevor who watched him walk strait in towards him and at 20 yards grunted him to a stop and shot at a quartering toward angle. The buck left a trail of blood in the snow that a blind man could follow but we still lost it at one point where he doubled back on his track and veered into a ravine. He then went straight down hill and died within 10 yards of a road, (thankfully). The buck was a solid 4x4 at one point but broke off his front forks some time back on the right side. Im not sure how to age a deer but the big roman nose and sway back leads me to believe he is at least 5 years old. I know Trevor is very happy with his first archery deer and hopefully he will add something to the story on here.

Thats a nice buck! Look at the size of that neck. Does Don King know that he stole his hair and glued it to his chin?!

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom