Browning BLR

mntnguide

Just wondering if anyone has a BLR and what they think of it? specifically I am thinking of the .300 WSM in the BLR. I am debating between the takedown 81 lightweight in Stainless or just the normal pistol grip stainless 81.
I have a good friend who recently bought the takedown blued in 7mm WSM and enjoys it very much. As i watched him shoot a bull this fall with it in full affect. I currently hunt with a savage 7 mag, but I am a sucker for lever actions. I am usually hunting via horseback, and really enjoy the idea of a close range open sight opportunity, but having the ability to put a scope on it as well.
I am thinking of going with .300 WSM just to get a stage above my current 7 mag, but keep the Lever in a short action which will drop the weight of the BLR 1 pound from the long action Mag models.
Just wondering if anyone out there has a BLR and what they think? or if you have a .300 WSM in anything, what you think of the cartridge. I have had a handful of clients bring in a .300 WSM and have seen nothing but good results so far.

I had a 243 and traded it for a bow, Regret that trade every day.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I have an older one in 358 winchester and love it. They are much more accurate than traditional lever guns and can be loaded with pointed bullets etc. They are very handy. The triggers are terrible (not sure if new ones are any better).

I love mine.

I am in the process of changing one of my BLR 300 win mag into a 458 win mag, for a saddle gun. I think they are great guns, as accurate as any of my bolts.

I havent heard anything bad about them thats for sure. My friend truly enjoys his, now i just need to decide between the Takedown model or just leave it as a solid rifle. I am debating back and forth between going either .300win mag or .300WSM. Havent made a decision on that yet. The .300 is a pound heavier with the long action, but that might not be bad when it comes to recoil. I really would like to keep it open sight, but figure I will end up throwing some sort of scope combo onto it. I just like the idea of my saddle gun being open sight for quick shots. I appreciate all of your responses

Like the Model 88 was to the Model 100 the BLR is pretty much just a lever operated BAR. the accuracy should be the same as the BAR which isn't that bad.

I've never heard anything bad about the BLR they just never were a big seller.

Stay thirsty my friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom