Burning man-antelope hunt

mdbrown

Long Time Member
I drew 43-46 rifle antelope
Right during the burning man.
I definitely won't fit in there , ha ha ha
Is it something I should be worried about?

It looks like across the highway
To me.
And I'm thinking most of them will be using the highway south of Winnemucca
Anyone been in the area when it's going on?

Burning man is in the desert North of Fernley and way west of Winnemucca.

043-046 is south of Interstate 80, south of Lovelock, and south of Winnemucca. There is Zero interference from Burning Man. They (burners) stick to the interstate. I live near the unit. There is no problem with Burning Man for 043-046.

Its 50-150 miles away depending on the exact location you are located while hunting.

How do you expect to find an antelope if you can't even find the Black rock Desert?
Another thing I don't understand is these guys putting in for Nevada hunts and don't even know the correct unit numbers. Or even where they're located for that matter.

Buckhorn, No ##### it's not in the unit
Don?t really need your kind of advice.
But allot of the dopers will be on the highway
40,000 extra people in Northern Nevada
At that time is what had me concerned

Those folks will be the least of your problems.
I have hunted unit 014 while the burning man event is going on.
We can occasionally hear the music from the tops of the granite mountains.
It doesn't hurt the hunting at all or the drive to and from there in fact it is kind of interesting.
Anyone that really knows that country will know what I mean.

For those of you that don't already know

The location of the burning man event is not very far north out of the town of Gerlach. It is held on the huge dry alkali lake bed that is the Black Rock Desert. It is just east of the boundaries where the southern portions of hunt units 014 and 012 meet unit 034. It is actually in the very south west tip of unit 034
Good luck and happy hunting to all

LAST EDITED ON May-24-19 AT 11:46PM (MST)[p]I hunted 032/034 during burning man. I usually accesss through Kali.

They close the ?highway/gravel road? through Summit Lake Rez every year at that time to keep the riff raff out.

Nice to know that you have to drive around through Winnemucca to get to the north side of unit

But 43-46, you may see some traffic on 80 on Labor Day if you're traveling that day, but you are over 100 miles away.

Ok thanks
I really like hunting antelope , don't need to kill a trophy, just plan on having fun

Although 100 miles might not be far enough from some of the pictures I saw on the internet
Ha ha ha

md, first congrats on the tag.
You should be fine in 043-046. You will see burners on I80 but other than some entertainment value in their rigs and the trash they leave along the interstate they wont be a problem to you.

Agreed.

Traveling back from 072 a couple of years ago on Labor Day, seemed like time flew by with all of the live entertainment.

Now, stopping for gas was close enough to smell em.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom