Bushnell SUCKS!!!!!

yotebuster

Well I have a pair of Bushnell Fusion 1600 rangefinder binoculars, 10X42 model 4 yrs old, No dings Glass was not scratched , Just quite working . Well they will not focus and the range finder quite working!!! Sent them back in and got word they need to much work to repair, so they need replaced. I said ok they told me it would be $785 to replace, As they do not make the same model anymore, They have a new one and the parts are not available!!! SO they will not send me a new pair Just told me I'm SOL on a $800 pair of Binocular/rangefinders.

So Moral of the story NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! buy from

_____ BUSHNELL!!!!!!_______

Wow, $800 for 4 years use is rather spendy! My Wyoming buddy had some Steiners that were probably 30+ years old and he sent them in and asked them to refurbish them and send him the bill. A couple weeks later a package arrived and there was a brand new pair of 10x50 poroprism military type binos with a nice case that retails for $660---no charge!

When they bought out Tasco many years ago and told me my World Class warranty was not honored I never looked at Bushnell again.

Steiner is now owned by Burris (which is owned by Beretta), which has one of the best warranties in the business. Just like Vortex with their no receipt needed, no questions asked policy. Great company, IMHO.

2a0fcsk.gif

I sent a Simmons scope in for warranty and found out that Bushnell had bought them out also. It would not hold a group at all. They told me the same as others here, that it was no longer available and couldn't fix it. So they gave me a 10% discount on a new Bushnell scope from them if I wanted it. I could purchase the same scope cheaper online. Won't buy Bushnell either.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-15 AT 08:55PM (MST)[p]I am 57 and I have never known Bushnell to have anything but cheap, cheaply made optics. No big surprise

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>
> Leica as
>far as their warranty on
>their Binos suck, especially when
>you spend $2800.00

I should say I never had a problem with them and the glass is excellent.

As previously stated, I bought a 3X9 Leupold in 1974. Last year I decided to "upgrade" and went to a VX-6. The old scope was still functioning perfect but after forty years of brush hunting it was mostly silver scratches. I tried to have the tube replaced but they sent me a brand new one since the configuration had changed over the years. No complaints from this guy about Leupold. Original scope was about $80.

Many years ago, when I was looking to buy my first decent glass, I researched and while a number of companies made great glass; based on users, two stood out far and away better for ease of warranty use. Leupold and Swarovski.

>Many years ago, when I was
>looking to buy my first
>decent glass, I researched and
>while a number of companies
>made great glass; based on
>users, two stood out far
>and away better for ease
>of warranty use.
>Leupold and Swarovski.

...without question, the best out there.

Well I feel I need to post this as well to be fair, I finally got somewhere after I do not know how many calls, They offered to replace the unit with a new one for $400. So lightens the blow some, So they did finally work with me some this morning!! At least I can get the new pair and try to part with them new in the box and recover some of my $$ back to upgrade. There has been mixed feeling in the posts but main thing is like most have said, do your research, Way more expensive units do not even cover the rangefinder part for more than 2 yrs. SO may be better to buy separate so your optics will have the lifetime warranty, Vortex is only company I can find that offers lifetime warranty on rangefinders And Sig Kilo offers a 5 yr

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom