CA antelope landowner tag

CABugle

I am looking for a CA antelope landowner tag for Lassen. I have got a ranch to hunt, just need a tag and am not counting on the draw! Any info would be great, thanks

CABugle

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-07 AT 01:56AM (MST)[p]I live in Lassen Co and have never heard of a landowner tag for sale for antelope. I think they're spoken for way in advance. The big landowners here are 5 Dot Land and Cattle Co, the old Spanish Springs outfit owned by J. C. Roberts who passed away a couple of years ago, (Scheckert?) Ranches and Alturas Ranches. Alturas Ranches allows hunting on their property for a fee for both birds and big game but have never heard of them having antelope tags. If you are successful in getting a landowner tag, PM me so I can look to get into the game too. Been applying since "89" and never drew. I would check with F&G and find out who they issue them to. Also Honey Lake firearms in Janesville is probably the local expert in this area. There are a few registered guides in the area too that you can probably get ahold of through F&G that may know something. Hope this helps and good luck.

There are no landowner antelope tags in California. The only antelope tags besides the draw are auction tags (2) and Private Lands Mangement (PLM) Tags. Only a handful of the PLMs have antelope tags. Call Fish and Game in Redding and ask, they have the most up to date list and knowledge of the ranches, hope that helps.

Joe

I believe you can buy private land management tags (PLM) for goats. They have a list of the ranches that have them in the DFG website. You can also purchase Deer and elk tags. There definatly is competition for them however.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom