Calif. Dept. of Fish and Game

MTShasta

A couple of months ago Calif. DFG mailed out a Hunter Survey to 40,000 Calif. Hunters. They neglected to include a bar code on the response form and had to send out another Survey form. Today I received my new survey form, with the bar code, but they neglected to include the return envelope. I hope they got a break on bulk postage for these two failed attempts because todate they have expended about $50,400.00 on postage for the two failures. I spoke to the program Manager today and he hopes to correct this problem in the future. I mentioned to the Program Manager that with all the budget restraints facing State Departments that this is an unacceptable waste of our money and their time. Here comes round 3.

Yea I got the same thing.I remember not seeing that bar code in the first survey and I put my name and address their but didnt make any difference maybe the cant read.

Here is a scary thought, this is the same Organization that is implementing our new computer licensing system. I hope they consulted some States, like Nevada, that are doing it efficiently. If they really screw this up, perhaps we will all draw tags?? Let's hope for the best.

I am not saying the Department never messes up but this one was not on us. We do not send those out from this office it is from the office of state printing. They failed to put the bar code on the first one and then a return envelope on the next one. The items that were reviewed by the Department were correct but the items sent out were not. They dropped the ball on that one and we are paying the price (not the actual price because the printer is eating that one which means state tax payers are eating that one).

Joe

muleyczy, Please vent to someone who hasn't done everything that he could to help us out and answer our questions. Some of what you say may be true but it certainly isn't this individuals fault.

Joey

>muleyczy, Please vent to someone who
>hasn't done everything that he
>could to help us out
>and answer our questions. Some
>of what you say may
>be true but it certainly
>isn't this individuals fault.
>
>Joey

+1

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

My son and I got hunting surveys in the mail today. The instructions say to send it back in the envelope provided. Problem is they forgot to send the return envelopes with the other stuff. pc

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom