Calling all Elk Photographers

johnnyh

LAST EDITED ON May-03-11 AT 05:34PM (MST)[p]in Arizona or near Flagstaff or Williams.

After seeing this thread it got my blood going.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID21/3410.html

Thinking about getting a few 10-15 photographers together to take some rutting Bull elk photos in late august or early september.You probably want to team up or bring your own elk caller.
We can meet at my house in Parks, Az, which is between Flagstaff and Williams, it's also in the middle of prime ELK COUNTRY. Units 7,8,6b, and 10 are all within 10 minutes of the house. You can even keep your travel trailers in the pasture on the right side of the house, have water hookups and plenty of room. Bon fires, Steaks and Beer at night, Bisquits and gravy in the morning. I've even got some rooms for Photographers like Tony Bynum (yes thats an invite) who need to fly in and i'll pick up. It would be nice to see some pro's to give us some of pointers. We could actually call it a workshop!
I've got big screen tv's to review photos of the day

Any one Interested? Any Suggestions?

John Hiller

IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

viewfromhouse.jpg

some pics the other day by the house, GETTING BIGGER EVERYDAY
IMG_3333cr-1.jpg

so everyone knows who I am John Hiller Tucson and Parks Az I'm a contractor who lives to hunt fish with his 3 boys, And loves shooting with his camera when he misses out on the az draw.

08ELK007.jpg

johnnyrui-1.jpg

I suspect late September would be better for calling. I did not draw an elk or antelope tag this year, so I should be around. Hope to shoot some in Unit 9.

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/
The-Wave-9-15-10edited_210.jpg

Glad you replied, and would like to hear all the advice you have to offer. Only reason I said early sep, was so we did'nt ruin any ones elk hunts. Hope to see you there. I'll try and pinpoint some more dates once I go through the regs this week

Thanks again, and you have an awesome Website

John Hiller

I'm not a photographer, but I got to say your place is georgous. A place well worth enjoying.

Yelum

Thanks, the place is truly a gem, and what we paid for it is also unreal. But it took 6 months to close. I have a hard time getting the wife to come home.

John Hiller

I would be intereted in doing this, elk are my favorite subject to shoot!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom