Camping toilet seats

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
I've been studying the various options out there and am having trouble deciding. What are your experiences?

There are lots of these out there but the obvious problem I see is what about when that bag gets full? You can only tamp it down about so long.
8945stool_with_bag.jpg

And then there are the "Bumper Dumpers". They suffer from the same problem as above with the bag PLUS what if someone drives off when you're reading?
1525bumperdumperjpg-2_t300.jpg

Here is a variation of the above unit but it does sort of present a problem after a few days of using it in camp and you decide to load the truck for home.
1616trailer-hitch-toilet-seat.jpg

And I can't imagine what Utard invented this. Even I see engineering deficiencies with that.
1528stool_2.jpg

I considered one of these as I like to use those crates for toting groceries, etc on camping trips but I think there may be an esthetic issue here when I try to make the crate dual purpose.
5650stool_crate.jpg

A friend suggested I build my own. So I have a toilet seat and a stool already on hand. Does anyone see a problem with combining these two?

1838imagescaucrkha.jpg

2141stool.jpg

>I've been studying the various options
>out there and am having
>trouble deciding. What are your
>experiences?
>
>>
>
>>
>
>Here is a variation of the
>above unit but it does
>sort of present a problem
>after a few days of
>using it in camp and
>you decide to load the
>truck for home.
>
1616trailer-hitch-toilet-seat.jpg

>
>

I use this one....just drive over to another camp first.

I used to have the same dilemma....what to use for a comfortable camp, that isn't a "permanent" fixture. I acquired a bedside toilet chair from a yardsale. Didn't even look like it had been used!

I pack it into the cargo trailer with the rest of the hunting gear before heading to the mountains and just use a pop-up blind to put it in for privacy.....

Here's my home made job. It goes anywhere you want it to. I made it out of scraps of wood laying around my garage plus an old Seat with out the lid and a five gallon bucket. The lid was too heavy when you opened it up it would tip over. So I used paneling for the lid and when it's time to come home just tie up the bags and leave it in the bucket and dump it in the first road side garbage you come to. Of couse if you stay long or alott of use you might have to change bags. I use heavy duty garbage bags!
958sam_0161.jpg
974sam_0162.jpg
8612sam_0163.jpg

>Here's my home made job. It
>goes anywhere you want it
>to. I made it out
>of scraps of wood laying
>around my garage plus an
>So I used paneling for
>the lid and when it's
>time to come home just
>tie up the bags and
>leave it in the bucket
>and dump it in the
>first road side garbage you
>come to.

I'm sure there is a road worker on here that is saying "So that's you! You F*&#er!!!!"

Of couse if
>you stay long or alott
>of use you might have
>to change bags. I use
>heavy duty garbage bags!
>

The thought of a few days of "soft candy bars" in a big garbage bag is almost enough to make me puke.

I like the ones that senior citizens have to use, they are easy to setup and use, 5-10 bucks at any thrift store or check yard sales.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>The fact that I am getting
>serious replies to this thread
>is what really amazes me...
>

Hey at my age Comfort is a must!! Squating in the bushes is not as easy as it used to be! And as far as the smell I use the same thing as you would use in A trailer. But most of the time its froze any way! Happy Pooping!! :D LOL!! And as far as the serious replies. You asked!! :D

What happened to the good old days when you just dug a latrine in a thicket of trees and crapped in that? $205 for a crapper? Good night that's an elk & deer tag for me.

[/im
g][/URL]

"In days of old,
when men were bold,
and toilets weren't invented,
they laid their load,
along the road......and went off quite contented"

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back