Can I sue RELH?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-19 AT 10:05PM (MST)[p]I set the alarm and locked up the house early this morning on my way fishing. I realized I left my fishing knife in the house, so I just grabbed my Hatfield from my hunting box in the garage.

I landed a nice halibut and grabbed my knife to bleed it out. I held the fish in my left hand and went to slit the gills. Just then the fish went nuts flopping around. I couldn't get the knife out of the way in time. Let's just say blood was flying everywhere, and none of it was from the halibut.

It's still bleeding tonight and I might go get a few stitches tomorrow. RELH should offer to pay for it.

Dang you RELH! :D

In this day and age it's clearly not your fault, or the fault of the halibut. The blame lies clearly on the knife maker for making a knife that was too sharp. Was there a warning label on the box? I think your retirement life is about to get a whole lot easier!

"Not sure I grasp BHA motivation".
Hossblur 7/25/19

#livelikezac

>In this day and age it's
>clearly not your fault, or
>the fault of the halibut.
>The blame lies clearly on
>the knife maker for making
>a knife that was too
>sharp. Was there a warning
>label on the box? I
>think your retirement life is
>about to get a whole
>lot easier!
>
>
>
>
>"Not sure I grasp BHA motivation".
>
>Hossblur 7/25/19
>
>#livelikezac

+1000. That's the way I see it.

oh....without a doubt eel you are shiitting in high cotton....

give me 2 weeks notice and I'll come up and help you remodel your new redwood victorian.....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-19 AT 11:24PM (MST)[p]Eel you can suck it up and make the same statement my daughter-in-law made when she cut herself with one of my knives. "Damn Hatfield knife".
Other wise just remember that I am sitting on several gallons of kerosene that can be deployed to burn your butt out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now quit crying in your beer and get that darn fish gutted out and Cuz and I will come over for dinner.

RELH

P.S. Make sure you get that human blood washed off of the halibut, Cuz and I are picky about foul tasting fish.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-19 AT 02:14AM (MST)[p]Sorry Eel but sounds like you need to use safety scissors instead of a big boy knife ....Relh if I was on a jury ,I would side in your favor , it sounds like he didnt read the disclaimer in the fine fine fine print on the knife ;)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-19 AT 06:47AM (MST)[p]RELH, come on up, we'll start with a few Bloody Mary's and negotiate a settlement. I doubt overton will come. I think he's still upset.

Fireball77, don't you have some housework to do, or something? Sheesh. :D

I decided it's not that bad as I'm going fishing again this morning. I have to quit early to keep my appointment with my lawyer.

Word of Warning Eel:

Do Not Wash the Eelgrass Blood off by putting the Knife in the Dishwasher!:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Eel just be glad that this did not happen to you. Makes a little knife cut seem like small potatoes.

RELH

Sturgeon season just ended on the Columbia River estuary, but not before a fisherman was brutally attacked by a fish he was trying to land.

I did not have the privilege to see the injuries fresh, but the gentleman in question came to my humble surgery to have his wound cleaned and dressings changed. And while that was happening, he told me his story....

He was fishing with a friend for sturgeon in the Columbia estuary in a small boat when he hooked ?a big one? (sturgeon have to be between 44 and 50 inches long to keep). Because of the size of the fish they were after, he carried a Taurus Judge revolver loaded with .45 Colt rounds, in order to ?quiet it down? so it wouldn't capsize the boat.

After a prolonged struggle, they managed to haul the fish - estimated at ?48 inches long? (Note: fishermen are notorious for over-estimating the size of fish, so take this figure with some skepticism) - into the boat. Once in the boat, however, it exhibited a burst of energy and ?started whacking the s**t out of everything?. The fisherman drew his revolver and prepared to shoot the sturgeon in the head.

At this point, I'd like to pause and consider the situation. The fish is inside the boat. A small, aluminum boat. And the boat is rocking violently as a large fish thrashes about.

So, the fisherman draws his pistol and fires - in a pitching boat at a thrashing fish - and misses. Well, he misses the fish, but he hits his right foot. And the bottom of the boat.

In the ensuing chaos, the fish escapes overboard (undoubtedly growing several inches longer in the process). The fisherman?s friend attempts to bandage his wound using the first aid kit, but six bandaids and a small roll of tape will only do so much. They manage to get the boat almost all the way back to the boat ramp before it founders and sinks, so they only had a short swim to get to their vehicle and, from there, to a local ER.

So, a pre-historic fish manages to wound a fisherman and sink his boat. Only in Oregon....

Jim

Hahahaha....well at least I know how to use a knife, hey eel did you know if you soak that in vinegar it heals faster ....try it !!!:)

And I know all to well what the dishwasher does to a Hatfield knife , that's why my dish washer ( 45) got slapped , and put back in the corner !!! :)

Wait just one minute Lil Red. 1911 told me that it was the daughter that put the knife in the dishwasher. Are you saying that it was 1911 that did it and was to ashamed to admit it to me?

RELH

No fish today...probably because of the mean thing I said to Fireball. :)

I was fishing with my buddy on his aluminum boat three weeks ago and a kayaker hooked a fish and right away we all knew it was something big. It started towing him around and he couldn't lift it off the bottom. Out of curiosity we followed the kayak giving him encouragement and maybe help with our net. We thought it must be a big bat ray or a big shark, as halibut don't usually make long runs, they just sulk on the bottom. He told us he had on a plastic swimbait, so he doubted it was a shark or a ray. That's true, they feed by scent.

After about 15 minutes it came up to the surface and broke water and it was about a 5' sturgeon! It broke off right after that. He had snagged it in the back. They're not legal to keep here anyway.

Homer, I spoke with my lawyer. If you help me with the remodel of the Victorian, I'll give you that big walnut tree. You can sell it for gun stock blanks.

Relh no it was daughter, I was joking about 45 being the dishwasher .lol

Eel never mess with a redhead we are souless and stop at nothing to get what we want bwjahahahahahahah;)

20608img6528.jpg

Eel you better think twice about suing for the Victorian home on the Sacramento River. It has been a money pit and it will shock you if you knew how much money we have sunk into it for the past 5 years.
The many thousands you would get for the huge walnut tree would not come close to cover the upkeep expense.

RELH

RELH, I'm painting my house this summer at little at a time, DIY. Whenever the fog lifts. I feel pretty lucky now.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-19 AT 09:49PM (MST)[p]
Eels got skills, time, friends, and soon a fresh pile of new money! I'll donate some time for a little fishin and a cooler full of halibut to head back to Colorado with! Call homers attorneys, they seem legit!

"Not sure I grasp BHA motivation".
Hossblur 7/25/19

#livelikezac

DW you need to be aware my family under Devil Anse was the first original homeland security team. We do have a history of shooting first and asking questions later. That and we always maintain a supply of kerosene to flush varmints out into the open.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-19 AT 05:59AM (MST)[p]DM, I get jealous of all your high mountain trout fishing and that total experience.

In all fairness to RELH, I've sharpened my Hatfield a few times now but the jury doesn't have to know that. It's fairly easy to sharpen and I enjoy putting an edge on it. It's soft enough to work the metal but hard enough to hold an edge well. Just the right combination. Edit: And the little diamond sharpener is perfect for sharpening fish hooks. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom