Can you beat 61 total utah points?

flatdead

Got another unsuccessful today from Utah on bear and just was wondering how many times I've seen that. So I added them up

Turkey 2
Buck deer 17
Antlerless deer 1
Doe pronghorn 3
Bull moose 15
Antlerless moose 7
Bear 9
Cougar 7
-------------
61 total Times I've read unsuccessful. Lets see who has the record? P.S. I am a res. but lets count both.

>Those antlerless moose pts aren't any
>good.
I agree, I don't have and desire to kill on, was hoping to draw one and just not fill it. Hope the don't have a cow moose tag any time soon.

Yes, as a NR. There's 18 for deer and 15 for moose. Then 6 for all the rest since we can apply for all tags now.

I drew turkey the very first time I applied, then shattered my leg and couldn't even go. :(

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-15 AT 01:43PM (MST)[p]I'm at 71 total Utah points. Last year I was rewarded with a LE elk tag with 5 pts! That's the luckiest I've ever been in drawing a tag and I have the points to prove it!!

Buck Deer 18
General Buck 11
Pronghorn Buck 7
Elk Bull 0 (I drew a LE hunt last year w/ 5 pts)
Desert Bighorn Sheep 13
Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep 5
Bison 6
Mountain Goat 5
Bull Moose 6

I've got 60 total pts in NV and lots more in most other states.

I'm only at 44 total points but 14 of those will be gone this year.... I hope.

Hey flathead,
I've got to think that those 17 deer points of yours will be gone this year, If not, what the hell are you waiting for? You're as bad as elkassassin! LOL

Good luck in the drawings!
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-15 AT 02:06PM (MST)[p]>I'm only at 44 total points
>but 14 of those will
>be gone this year.... I
>hope.
>
>Hey flathead,
>I've got to think that those
>17 deer points of yours
>will be gone this year,
>If not, what the hell
>are you waiting for? You're
>as bad as elkassassin! LOL
>
>
>Good luck in the drawings!
>Zeke
I hope to get the Hennery's muzzy tag for deer. Still not 100% on the odds.
Didn't draw last year with 16 points. If there were 100 people in a drawing with 99 tags I would be the one that wouldn't draw GARANTEE! My luck sucks.

Nope not quite - I have 47 total points. Really hoping my 16 elk points is enough this year - May can't come soon enough!!

Turkey 1
Buck Deer 2
Pronghorn 1
Bull Elk 16
RM Bighorn Sheep 14
Bear 12
Swan 1

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-15 AT 05:43PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-15
>AT 01:43?PM (MST)

>
>I'm at 71 total Utah points.
> Last year I was
>rewarded with a LE elk
>tag with 5 pts!
>That's the luckiest I've ever
>been in drawing a tag
>and I have the points
>to prove it!!
>
>Buck Deer 18
>General Buck 11
>Pronghorn Buck 7
>Elk Bull 0 (I drew a
>LE hunt last year w/
>5 pts)
>Desert Bighorn Sheep
> 13
>
>Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep 5
>Bison
> 6
>Mountain Goat 5
>Bull Moose 6
>
>I've got 60 total pts in
>NV and lots more in
>most other states.

My question is why do you have 11 general season deer points.

Utah 68 Points
Colorado 80 Points
Montana 38 Points
Nevada 52 Points
Oregon 44 Points
Washington 148 Points
Wyoming 44 Points
IQ - far, less than any of those numbers to invest in that many points. :)

Really hoping I have 18 less deer points this year. The others have little value so not bothering to count.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

I'm tied for first place at 71, including 19 buck deer and 18 bison points. I did and drew LE elk early on, that's why I'm not maxed out on deer. A few years in, I looked at the numbers and decided bison actually offered hope unlike desert sheep and I switched.... Then they let nonresidents apply for everything and tag numbers were cut :(

I'm at 25 total in Utah.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Not sure how many points I have in Utah, but I have ZERO in Idaho. However, I do have a deer tag, elk tag, bear tag, turkey tag, cougar tag and a wolf tag EVERY year! ???

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-15
>AT 05:43?PM (MST)

>
>>LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-15
>>AT 01:43?PM (MST)

>>
>>I'm at 71 total Utah points.
>> Last year I was
>>rewarded with a LE elk
>>tag with 5 pts!
>>That's the luckiest I've ever
>>been in drawing a tag
>>and I have the points
>>to prove it!!
>>
>>Buck Deer 18
>>General Buck 11
>>Pronghorn Buck 7
>>Elk Bull 0 (I drew a
>>LE hunt last year w/
>>5 pts)
>>Desert Bighorn Sheep
>> 13
>>
>>Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep 5
>>Bison
>> 6
>>Mountain Goat 5
>>Bull Moose 6
>>
>>I've got 60 total pts in
>>NV and lots more in
>>most other states.
>
>My question is why do you
>have 11 general season deer
>points.

I have 11 NR points for general deer because I'm a point whore. I collect every point I can because who knows what'll happen in the future with UT's draw system. Plus I love knowing I can draw a UT general hunt any time I want a tag. Who knows maybe UT will have general buck hunts like I remember from the late 1990s. Or maybe my dream of UT going to a deer draw system like NV's and allowing folks to somehow migrate their points to the new system and combine them with the LE buck points. Even if they allowed a 5:1 reduction I'd be really happy about it.

I also learned my lesson years ago from not collecting points in places like NV. Had I started on elk and BHS earlier I'd be in much better shape than I am now with 13 points.

I'd rather have the points and not use them, then not have them and wish I did.

This thread just drives home why a preference point system should not be implemented in Idaho.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-15 AT 04:02PM (MST)[p]I have over 280 points total across the western states and I'll be the first one to say that I wouldn't recommend a points system for any state. But, if you do, go with the NV system...it's the best by far!!!!

Below is where I'm sitting:

Buck Deer: 13
General Buck: 2
Bull Elk: 6
Desert Bighorn: 7
RM Bighorn: 7
Bison: 7
Mountain Goat: 7
Bull Moose: 18

That puts me at 67 Total Points... I'm absolutely kicking myself that I started putting in for Shiras out of the gate, and not Bison. I'm also frustrated that the Ogden unit was closed to non-Residents this year. for Shiras. However, I am grateful for the opportunity to hunt, and appreciate the many opportunities that are available throughout the west.

Best of luck to each of you in the various draws this year!

I'm afraid I have to chime in. I myself have quite a few points for different species around the west but all I'm seeing is, is that like to sit around and look at how many points they have instead of hunting! Life is to short and there are plenty of opportunities out there to be out hunting across the west. All them point ain't gunna do you a dang bitta good when your dead! Burn them suckers up and make some memories I say!

>I'm afraid I have to chime
>in. I myself have quite
>a few points for different
>species around the west but
>all I'm seeing is, is
>that like to sit around
>and look at how many
>points they have instead of
>hunting! Life is to short
>and there are plenty of
>opportunities out there to be
>out hunting across the west.
>All them point ain't gunna
>do you a dang bitta
>good when your dead! Burn
>them suckers up and make
>some memories I say!

Just because some of us put in for hunts and end up collecting points in the process does not mean we're sitting around and not hunting. As a NR to most states except you're own; points are inevitable.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-15 AT 07:08AM (MST)[p]>I'm afraid I have to chime
>in. I myself have quite
>a few points for different
>species around the west but
>all I'm seeing is, is
>that like to sit around
>and look at how many
>points they have instead of
>hunting! Life is to short
>and there are plenty of
>opportunities out there to be
>out hunting across the west.
>All them point ain't gunna
>do you a dang bitta
>good when your dead! Burn
>them suckers up and make
>some memories I say!

Yes I have a lot of point but no I'm not sitting around. Last year I was a part of 26 big game hunts. I had 7 tags myself and ate tag stew on 1. Couldn't find a cow on three corners. I think that is making memories.

4748alaska_095.jpg

That doesn't look like sitting around to me!
Fine 'bou, Flatdead!
Some guys need to remember that we have other hunting options while we amass points for the best hunts for us. Flatdead is an example of what I'm talking about.
Zeke

Sorry I didn't mean "just sitting around" in a bad way. And yes here in tardville it is inevitable to gain points especially for your once in a lifetime hunts. But all I'm saying is that with some research a guy can get into some pretty great hunts under five points or less around the west. You just have to look. Ya you will never get a big horn sheep any where with out a ton but for deer, elk, and antelope opportunity awaits! Sounds like a guy could draw a general deer tag a little easier this year with them giving more deer tags away. What a bunch of idiots! That's some great success too by the way. One of my dream hunts for sure. Maybe when I have some $$$$.

I am scared to put my points my # for all the states.
But i am in for spending them.
Last year I drew 5 tags in 4 states and had a blast.
Lost of points still left to spend is the best plan.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom