cape prices ?

COBUK

Hey Guys,

What are large bull elk shoulder capes (not tanned) going for ?

What are large mule deer buck shoulder capes (not tanned) going for ?

I have a couple that I am thinking of selling and I'm trying to find out what they are worth.

Thanks,
Cory

I bought a tanned cape for a bull elk 7-8 years ago for $500.
If you minus the $300 tanning fee you'd be close I suppose.
$2-300 is what I'd guess a good green bull cape is worth.

I don't have a feel for deer prices. I've never been involed with the sale or purchase of one.

Zeke

Your main problem is finding a buyer. If you look on ebay, you can find all sorts of capes. You can get an idea of what they are going for there.

I used to have a taxidermist that would trade me a nice skull (European) mount straight across for the capes; seemed like a fair deal to me at the time. I don't know what a good skull mount goes for now days.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-13 AT 08:31PM (MST)[p]Around here a taxi will give $75 for a decent un-tanned elk cape and $100 for a big one. I'm sure if you could find a buyer you'd be able to get more. No idea on a deer cape.

Edit, sorry should have mentioned I'm in Utah

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom