carbon maxxis thoughts wanted

monroebnd

i just sold my alpha max and am looking at the maxxis 31,35 or even the carbon maxxis. has there been many of you that have shot the carbon vs the reg? if so is it worth the extra money? i am really struggling cause the carbon really intrigues me. someone talk me out of it before i spend way to much money. any thoughts would be great. Thanks, Layne

I have shot the bow. Nice bow but not worth the money IMO. It does nothing abow half its price like the z7 won't do.

thanks for the feedback. I will probably buy the maxxis 31. I am left handed and most shops don't have a demo bow to shoot and try in the carbon, so I think I will save the money for a hunt that I draw at the expo. lol

the carbon matrix is a great light hunting bow. probably the best for light weight back packing in the high country. I have shot it and it is awesome, smooth, quiet and did I say light.

The price is however to high so it is off my list!

you cant go wrong with the z7

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I'll tell you what that bow is good for... selling more regular Maxxis bows. When people realize there is not that much difference, the standard Maxxis starts to look even better.

shot the maxxis 31 and wasnt much different than my AM 32. Would love to have a matrix but I could pick up a couple of nice ferrari's at the same price

The Matrix is awesome. I picked mine up today. Is it worth the price? That depends. To me it is. I love the way it holds and feels. Certainly my favorite bow ever.

Well from the Alphamax to the Maxxis I'm not sure how much difference you will see, but my comparison has been with the Z7, Destroyer 340, And the maxxis 31. I chose the Maxxis 31. This bow is quiet, not the fastest, but plenty for most needs. It weighs the same as the carbon matrix, but you will sacrifice a little bit on Ata. That was worth it for me hunting in fairly brushy areas. The Maxxis is awesome for me.

Hey good luck and check them all out you'll know when the right one finds you. If you're any thing like me you already have your mind made up.

gonna order the maxxis 31 tomorrow! thanks for all the info.
Layne.
p.s. to answer the last post about the weight difference. the carbon is 35 inch axle to axle and still weighs less than the maxxis 31. longer bow more accurate a little slower.

sorry, i meant 4.2lb maxxis 35 vs 3.8 carbon, 8 oz = $600!! The carbon is a cool looking bow but i'm sure you will be happy with the maxxis 31. Let us know how it works for you

k I will. I am sure it will be great. I have been fortunate enough to buy the last few new bows that hoyt has put out and been real happy. The way i look at it is my bow is always for sale if i can get the right price and get the newest stuff.
thanks again for the comments and help . Layne

I picked up the carbon bow at the expo. It is the lightest bow I have ever held. The only problem is that it's way out of my price range. I think I'll just stick with my PSE for now.

I haven't recieved my maxxis yet ( left handed could take a while ) We run a small archery shop in Bear river city called Country arhcers and we did order a demo of the carbon bow. It is right handed,but I watched my dad shoot it and they shoot great. If you live in the north end of utah and want to try one out he has it all set up. 29" draw. I would love to have one but am sure I will be happy with the Maxxis. layne

It was love at first sight... the Alphamax. The maxxis is in my opinion nearly the same. Personally I don't like the ARC technology very much. So I bought an alphamax yesterday. I got it new for $570 online. I forfeited the warranty, but I have never had a Hoyt break on me. I want to shoot the carbon matrix, but not for a few years if my wife has anything to say about.

Dillon Hoyt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom