Caribou killed in Colorado?

I thought I remembered reading that it had escaped from a small pet farm where caribou were being raised for santa's sled.

horsepoop.gif

Back in the old days, my grandfather talked about how caribou would come down around Whitefish Lake in NW Montana during the winter.

---------------------------------------
This is my post

I've just pissed in my pants.......and nobody can do anything about it.

Years back I and eelgrass use to hunt caribou in colorado. That was before the invasion of Turtles. The Turtles wiped out the caribou winter range!!
Rutnbuck

actually back in the 1800's there were lot of Bou that would come to the lower 48. Wisconsin has a lot of documentation of them coming to winter here until they were hunted out. stange to think of them being here, but we used to have a lot of Elk and Lions as well. the last lion was killed in the early 1900's

That depends on who you talk to about lions???? I know the indians still kill moose as part of their treaty agreement.

Washington, in the NE corner, and the northrn tip of the panhandle of Idaho is the only viable caribou herd in the lower 48. We still have caribou "supposedly", though I'm thinking that all of the wolves in the Selkirks took care of that issue though. All of the closed off roads used to havecaribou signs along with grizzly signs. Now the caribou signs have mostly been replaced with wolf signs.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom