Changes to nonresident Utah applications

gl7mm

I received this email from UDWR regarding utah's changes to nonresident big game applications. I especially enjoyed the candor of the second line - if only they had added "except for all the tags we sell to the highest bidder"

If you've ever tried to obtain a Utah big game hunting permit-and you don't live in Utah-you know how difficult it can be to get one. Most of Utah's big game permits are reserved for Utah residents, which doesn't leave many permits for nonresidents. The Utah Wildlife Board recently made a change, however, that could increase the chance you draw a permit. There 's no longer a limit on the number of limited entry and once-in-a-lifetime species you can apply for. For example, if you wanted to hunt bull moose and bighorn sheep, in the past you could apply for only one of the two species. In 2009, you can apply for both, along with any other limited entry and once-in-a-lifetime species you'd like to apply for. "You can obtain only one limited entry or once-in-a-lifetime permit a year, but you'll receive a bonus point for every species you don't obtain a permit for," says Judi Tutorow, wildlife licensing coordinator for the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. "Those points increase the chance that you'll draw a permit in the future." The UDWR is accepting applications for permits from Jan. 22 through Feb. 26, until 11:00 p m. You can apply for a permit at www.wildlife.utah.gov. Also, even if you're not going to hunt in Utah in 2009, you can still apply for a bonus point or a preference point. Your application for a point must be received through www.wildlife.utah.gov no later than 11 p.m. on March 9. Please remember that you must have a nonresident Utah hunting license or a nonresident Utah combination license to apply for a point or a hunting permit.

I guess the UDWR finally started reading Bessie's posts and realize how bad the hunting is going to be and they think that they need to solicit us nonresident hunters now. LOL.

But of course there is a catch!

No more tags for us, but more money from us. AND lower odds for us!

that is why they didn't do it for residents.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Think the extra application fees for providing nothing extra had anything to do it? Money for nothing.... Suprised they do not do that for everybody!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom