Chukar recipes anyone??

HUNTER43

Hey guys I'm cleaning out my freezer and getting ready for the new hunting season. At the bottom i found a couple of chukar from last season. Anyone want to give up any recipes for these little guys. I usually soak them in italian wrap in beacon with salt & pepper and grill.

I always use bone in legs and breasts, but it would work with boneless I'm sure.

Mix up some flour with your favorite seasonings. I use garlic powder and seasoned salt. Then briefly brown it in lots of olive oil. Add some fresh garlic and onion and cook another 5 minutes. Then add 1/2 bottle of quality white wine and some mushrooms. Sometimes I add some chicken broth and then stew it for an hour or so. It will start to thicken. If needed add some corn starch mixed in water to thicken like gravy. Then serve it over spaghetti with some fresh parsley.

Take chukar breast halfs, wrap in plastic wrap and pound flat. Stuff with jalapeno, Queso Fresco cheese or Pepper Jack cheese, Queso will not melt as bad and will stay inside better. Season, roll up, wrap in a slice of bacon, secure with toothpick, grill till bacon is done. Very tasty

Take a breast and cut slits on each side of the keel. Open up a little pocket on each side and stuff with roasted red peppers and pepper jack cheese. Put a good rub on the breast and drape bacon over it. Grill using indirect heat until the bacon cooks. Don't overcook it.

Thanks for the ideas guys. All out of birds rite now but I'll be trying out my new english pointer this year so hoping for lots of birds.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom