CO Muley with 6 points

ironranger

2 guys I hunt with want to use our points for muley this fall. I've been researching the net and CO website for stats and comments on units that we could possibly draw. Anyone have any input on which would be better unit in terms of public land, etc. I'll keep looking out and researching but thought I'd ask. Units/seasons (Rifle) I'm looking at thus far are the following.... Unit 22 3rd, Unit 25 4th, Unit 70 3rd, Unit 79 4th, Unit 80 4th, Unit 82 4th, and Unit 551 3rd....any info would be appreciated....

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-15 AT 07:21PM (MST)[p]Unfortunately they want to do it this year so time to burn them. Favorable dates? Do you mean the seasons fall later next year in the cycle? or moon phase? :)

>You might consider waiting until next
>year with the favorable dates.
>

I would double check moon and dates as well! However the danger with waiting a year is not knowing how much the points might jump in a unit! I would suspect that unit 22 3rd season will jump as will the 4th season tags!

I am not sure anyone of the units is better than the others and a lot will depend on weather! Unit 22 is a prime example, late migration and the unit pretty darn hard. Good migration and it can be a great. A unit with higher country might get too much snow and make access hard or not enough snow and allow the deer to hide in deep timber!

All of them are pretty good options!

I think a lot of people will be jumping in next year so it may make it easier to draw a good tag this year but it's hard to know for sure.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom