CO Muzzy Elk........pics

kilowatt

Got these pictures from "flycrewsupe" and asking me to post for him. He will fill in the story once I get them posted.
Congrats Gary on a nice bull with the frontloader.
Brian
4ac574064801c57a.jpg

4ac5742648ddbbdd.jpg

4ac574504a1f4bee.jpg

Thanks Brian for posting pictures. I finally drew a statewide muzzy tag after 4 years of trying. We picked a unit in the northern part of the state to hunt. If was a great time to be in the woods. The weather was pretty warm and dry for the opener. We arrived 2 days early to learn the area and do some scouting. We saw and heard elk as soon as we got into the field. As opening day arrived we had our plan set. We were heading to our spot well before daylight and the bulls were screaming all around us. We put ourself in position for first light to see what would happen. We were in an aspen grove walking slowly and heard elk bugeling just 100 yards off to our left. My other hunting partner Joe was closest to those elk so myself and Gilbert stopped to see what was going to play out. We figured those elk would walk right past Joe and he would have a shot. At that time we hear another elk bugle right in front of us. We can't see him but he's close. We soon hear another bugle and the crunch of leaves and branches breaking. As luck would have it the bull shows himself 30 yards to my right. He had no idea we were there. I placed the sights right behind the shoulder and squeezed off the shot. He wheeled hard left back to where he came from and stopped 20 yards from where I shot from. He coughed a few times and fell over. The 50 cal T/C Omega with 295 Powerbelts did the job. It is my biggest bull to date. It happened so fast it was hard to believe. After quartering and boneing it was a 2 1/5 mile hike back to camp. It was a great week in the colorado mountains. Now its time to prepare for my Az 13B strip deer tag.
Gary

Nice bull. Congrats.

Us hunters don't like to hear about the 2.5 mile back to camp though. That is the part we dont ever talk about.

Congrats on a nice bull with the smokepole. Hoping to draw with all my points so I can start planning to hunt Colorado every few years with the smokepole. Way to go!!!

Congrats on a great bull and great hunt! Sounds like you guys found a nice little elk pocket , and you sure enough got a nice bull. Again congrats and thanks for sharing it...NM

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom