CO Pref Pts on first choice

cheeseheadinOHIO

Simple question related to preference points. If I have 4 points and apply for a first choice tag to a unit that requires 1 pt, do I lose them all? I heard you lose the points needed plus one, which would cost me 2 points. Also, I believe if I am using my first choice for a unit draw, I cannot apply for a PP that year, correct? Thanks.

In '06 they allowed you to just use as many pts as the unit required. In '07 they took away all points if you drew your 1st choice, so we'll see in '08 but probably the same as '07. You are correct on the PP if using your 1st choice for a unit draw.

As the rules stand now, you would lose all points regardless of the true number it took to draw. Last year (and only last year) could you draw a tag without forfeiting all your points. Don't think its in the future to see that again.

On your second question, (hope I understand it correctly) you cannot receive a first choice tag and a preference point in the same year. You only receive points when you do not draw your first choice or put in for a preference point as your first choice.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom