colin neblitt south?

colofireguy

Hey guys I hope the draw treated you all well. As luck would have it my wife drew a ML elk tag Oct 8-12th. We are super excited! I hunted the Valle Vidal last year (hopefully it will be close to the same (quality and terrain???) We are just looking for some info on what to expect....Bull size??? terrain??? pressure??? access??? any other info appreciated. Maybe info on campgrounds...any horse friendly places?
Thanks have a great year..

LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-11 AT 09:58PM (MST)[p]CFG, I gave you a honey hole last year in the VV and told you not to share it to the world, you wound a bull then post all over the net to ask for help in finding your bull...ummm no, not, nothing, zilch, should you get any info from anyone.

Not trying to dampen your wife's fire, but dude you gotta keep close the info people share with you man.

1--Try looking at Google earth
2--Bring horses or your wife will kill you
3--Oh and yes there are campgrounds

That's all you will get from me,only because your wife drew out.

No honey holes for you this year!

nmbighorn

nmbighorn.. i do appreciate the info you shared last year....I did not share any of the information you gave me last year..However I did hit a bull I did not retrieve ( it happens )I truly regret not finding that animal. I have given alot of people lots of information about different areas in the years past (thats how this site works) I dont mind you not sharing information thats your right. But you dont have to be negitive..Oh yeah check your PM's

CFG, I fully understand how this site works, and also the pleading of some hunters that put in for tags not knowing even a blade of grass that is in the areas that they drew a tag for.

How can you put in for areas to hunt that you have never set foot in, then expect good info given to you year after year? Common Now!

Hunters in NM and on this site have good hearts, and share lots of info to help others out, and yes we do give OIL hunters a honey hole or two sometimes, and all we ask is that the info is not divulged on the web and kept close.

I can understand losing an animal, but to tell people where the location of the wounded animal is, or basically where you hunted at, is not cool man. Especially a spot that was shared with you out of good nature and empathy for OIL hunters.

Make extra trips to find your animal, G&f would have to be notified if you found it after the season anyway, so you could retrieve and keep the head.

And yes I will share info with hunters still, but, honey holes are out of the equation.

nmbighorn

I can give you some general information. Its steep. Terrible terrain. Your poor wife needs to be in some pretty good shape and you will need horses if you shoot one or you will wish you had lost him. Other than that congrats.

CFG
You will be wasteing your time without horses.You MUST have them to hunt this area.There are camp grounds with corals in cimorron caynon.Get up high and you will find the elk.

CC

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom