Colorado deer unit 66

B_F_E

Long Time Member
Seems like Colorado is on everyones mind for good reason, I'm fairly sure I can draw 3rd season, anyone knowledge of this unit would be appreciated, PM or post.

Hunt closer to the lake, I hunted first season for elk last year and there was not a single deer in the higher elevations in early October that we could find.

Draw the tag, then drop me a PM. I've hunted it before and will draw the same tag as you this year.

Would Lake city be a good place to stay or is it too far from the better hunting? looks like a big unit , it sounds like most of the best hunting is on the Gunnison end of the unit but the south end might get less pressure? this is the worst part about the drawing a tag you may only get to hunt one time.

Gunnison would be a better choice for lodging. More motels, grocery stores, etc. It's about a 20 minute drive until you're in the unit. Lake City is tiny, one gas station and I think the only grocer has closed. Weather can be a big factor, early snow and cold can push the animals lower. One thing that I've noticed is that a three point genetic is common in the unit. I'd be interested to hear from others that are familiar with the unit if they agree.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom