Colorado NR Quotas for New Hunts

Eastwood

I see Colorado added some new hunts this year. Does anyone know how these will be handled with regard to their new NR quota arrangement? They are supposed to limit NR's to 20% quota in units where residents take 5 points or more to draw. However, I am wondering do they base that on the current year's applicants, or the year prior. There was no prior year's stats to go off of for these new hunts. Thanks.

They told me it will take 3 years to get the Res. draw stats and then they would go off that, pretty good chance it will be over 5 so it will fall in the 80/20 but until then 65/35. ofcourse you might get a different answer if you called again.

You mean they aren't even going to be enforcing the 80/20 split for 3 years? You gotta be crappin me. That does not sound right at all. If that were the case why was Garth making it such a big deal for his clients to burn their Colorado points last year? 3 years just sounds way too long.

Eastwood, your original question was regarding NEW hunts, and that's what the reply was about. The CDOW uses the average # of points required over the last three years of a hunt to determine which split to use. The new hunts don't have three years of data, so the 65/35 split will be used the first three years.

Ohhhh, I see. Thanks much for clearing this up. With 10 points my chances for one of these late tags is slim to none, but at least I now know the score.

Drivin me nuts waitin on drawing Nevada mulie with 7 points. Keep thinkin I'll draw then I can burn my CO points the next year. But I keep getting shut out of NV even with better than 50/50 odds. The NV & CO hunts do not overlap well for me to do the combo.

Not 100% sure if this is true, but I have also heard that the units that will be 80/20 are set now and will not change for the next 5 years. If that is true, it will be 5 years before any new units will be added to the 80/20 split.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I was under the impression that the formula was ongoing. For example, Unit 2, 3rd season for deer took 5 points for residents to draw each of the last two years. I thought that if it took 5 or more points this year, it would go 80/20 next year?

Eastwood,

Take into consideratin that this year they are doing the Point Banking.

Soooo if one of the New Hunts your talking about takes less than your 10pts you may have a few points leftover for next year....

Robb

All the new late hunts will take well more than 10 points to draw, but I will pick one anyway as I can't afford to draw both NV & CO the same year. The hunts would overlap very poorly.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom