Colorado Unit 23 Muzzleloader

So I was a little bit surprised that I drew this tag as a 2nd choice in the secondary draw. I was pretty sure all of the tags would go to youth hunters. But alas now I have a tag in my pocket for this fall. I don't know this unit at all but I am planning to go down in August to see what I figure out. Looks like I can hunt in unit 23 South of White River, and 24 South of North Fork of White River. From what I have gathered there are more deer in 23 but it doesn't appear to have as much high country over 10,000 feet. And it also looks like 24 has low deer densities and is not a good deer unit but more country above timberline. I would much prefer to do a backpack-style hunt for a few days and get a few miles back in deep away from the crowds. I am not concerned with finding anything really big but would like to get into some mature bucks. And depending on how far I am away from the trailhead will decide if it is worth it to take one or not. I'm excited to get out and explore new country. I am open to any and all recommendations, experiences, what to expect, and anything to avoid. Should I even be excited?

What are the dates of the ML hunt? I've got an elk tag for Oct 15-19. If I'm there before your hunt, I'll tie one up for you. With an elk tag, I'm sure to see lots of 190" mulies and no elk!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

What are the dates of the ML hunt? I've got an elk tag for Oct 15-19. If I'm there before your hunt, I'll tie one up for you. With an elk tag, I'm sure to see lots of 190" mulies and no elk!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
This will be September 10-18th. So if I see any elk which I am sure I will. I will let you know where.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom