Consider a fly fishing wading staff

Gunnihunter

A couple of years ago, due to having some difficulties wading where it was never a problem in the past, I decided I needed a wading staff. I’m here because I bought one. Recently, I was fishing the Taylor River above Almont and slipped on the rocks and broke my leg in current where I probably should not been. Had I not been using my wading staff, I could not have gotten to my feet and to the bank. This is not an exaggeration. My orthopedist said I have a Maisoneuve Fracture, a broken fibula and severely sprained ankle. A wading staff saved me and maybe can save you too. Just a little advice.

Damn, bummer. Good way to drown if you’re wearing waders. They are hard to swim in with 2 legs.

The older I get the more I worry about hurting myself out in the woods.

Damn, bummer. Good way to drown if you’re wearing waders. They are hard to swim in with 2 legs.

The older I get the more I worry about hurting myself out in the woods.
Not ashamed to admit that it scared the crap out of me. I was wearing belted waist high waders, but it was still a chore. One of the hardest things I ever did.
I’ve decided my elk packing days are finished.

I had a scare on the river some years ago. Wearing chest waders, I crossed the river and fished for a couple hours and when I tried to re-cross, the river had risen. I got to the point of no return and realized I screwed up. I almost didn't make it, literally. I don't mess around like that anymore. I would say a wading stick is a must.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom