Cow Tag

Iowan

I plan to hunt on a 45-9 tag this fall. If my brother were to be able to draw a cow tag as his second choice can he hunt for a cow during the archery season? He plans to hunt on the 45-9 tag and I would cow hunt then next year if possible.

Thanks.

Russ

That is what I think I read also but it does not seem crystal clear. I both like the idea of being able to pick up a cow tag for the person not bull hunting but it might also add some pressure on the hunt. If they do not let the Type 1 tag holders hunt archery I wonder how that will impact the cow tags?

Type 1 can archery hunt with an archery permit, but not until September 15. If the tag holder doesn't fill the tag archery, they can use the type 1 tag for rifle.
My guess is your gonna have your hands full with one tag if its a archery hunt.
You should look into archery deer for your brother if the cow dates don't line up for your hunt.

It depends on the antlerless tag he ends up getting. Here are the season dates for all elk tags in 45

Screenshot_20200120-170744_Samsung Internet.jpg

That is very helpful. We are planning to hunt two full weeks so there might be time to cow hunt but just thinking out loud right now. If he can get a mule deer tag without using his points that would be a great option too. I was able to scout the unit last fall and saw some respectable mule deer but no doubt getting a good bull with my bow will require our full attention more than likely. Thank you all. Russ

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom