Cow tags!

Abiggerfish2fry

Very Active Member
Well I just moved to Tucson where my mother lives and want to get meat for the freezer! Are the cow tags a draw and if so is there a left over list?

Bigfish

Cow tags are under the draw system. There could be some tags left but they are probably all gone. there are areas where you can buy over the counter tags for any elk. Check with game and fish, the over the counter tags are few elk that are not easy to find but people do tag some. They want to reduce those elk numbers in not traditional areas.
BB

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-13 AT 00:37AM (MST)[p]go to the game and fish website and the only tags available are for a limited area OTC meaning you can go and buy a cow tag but you'll be hunting in a very limited area where there is a population of animals they want removed - these are exceptionally hard hunts for the most part but doable if you have the time and patience

if you just moved to az - a non resident license and a cow tag will cost you a big chunk - you need to live here 6 mo to be eligible for resident fees

If you are in Tucson I suggest picking up your bow and getting out on the OTC archery deer hunts. Head out towards Sierra Vista or up to Mt Lemon and chase deer to your hearts content through the fall. Pickup a pig tag this Spring and be ready to apply for elk hunts next year. Welcome to this great state.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom