Craziest things youve seen in the woods

U

utelkhntr

Lets hear about some of the craziest things you've seen or heard in the woods out huntin or fishin.

I remember out archery deer hunting back a lot of years ago, A friend of my cousin Joel was in our camp he was hunting as well out of a tree stand, He had been sitting it all morning when another hunter came along didn't see him and sat down right under his stand, Well it was a slow morning so Joel decided to have a little fun and jumped out of his tree stand yelling loudly, The hunter who in the meantime had taken a sandwich out of his pack and started to eat, It scared the guy so badly he dropped his sandwich took off running leaving his bow, pack and sandwich behind, Joel kept hollering at the guy but he naver turned to comeback, Eventually that day we found the hunter to return his belongings to, To this day I still have to chuckle when I remember this story,
Another story for ya, We were archery hunting again and on our way to our spots, my cousins girlfriend says she had to stop and Pee, we pulled over and out she went with her TP into the woods just off the road, after a minute or so we heard this blood curdling scream and she came running out of the woods still trying to pull her pants up, unfortunately she had squatted right under a hunter in a tree stand, the hunter fortunately was another woman and she had whispered really softly that she was there, but it scared the heck out of my cousins girlfriend to the point that she actually had the accident of peeing on herself, pretty funny at the time and we still give her crap about it, LOL

Tagline

I was on a solo caribou hunt up in Alaska one year and had a weird thing happen. My outfitter had dropped me off on top of a mountain about 125 miles north of Illiamna, out in the middle of nowhere.

I killed my bull and was patiently waiting for him to pick me up. I had had lots of rain so I didn't expect him until it stopped. One night about 2am I was asleep in my tent and a plane flew over pretty low and woke me up. It faded away and then came back and flew right over me. I opened my eyes and the whole hillside was lit up! At first I thought the place was on fire, as the light was flickering.

I jumped up and opened the tent to see a big bright light up in the sky that was slowly decending toward earth. It looked like it landed a couple hundred yards from me and went out. About that time the plane came back and dropped another light. It was like daylight on that little mountain.

I could not figure out what the heck I did wrong to attract all the attention.

This happened twice more before all the lights went dark and the plane left for good. I crawled back into my sleeping bag and tried to go back to sleep but I kept trying to figure out what just happened, and why????

Right after daylight I heard a helicoptor. It flew over to within about 300 yards of my tent and sat down on the ridge. It was a big dark green military chopper (or so it appeared). I quickly threw on my clothes and headed over to talk to them. I had only gotten about 100 yards when the helicoptor lifted off and headed away from me and was gone. I just scratched my head and went back to the tent.

Later that morning it cleared up a bit so I set out to find what I could find with the lights. I found two of them. They had like a big coffee can attatched to a parachute. The lines were about 8' long and the chute was about 6' across. I rolled one up and took it back to camp.

Later that day my plane showed up. I told my outfitter what happened and showed him the parachute. He said he had heard about a plane crash but thought it was many miles from where I was. He refused to put the parachute into his plane and insisted on leaving it, so I did. We didn't speak of it again.

To this day I have no idea what that whole thing was about.

Eel

Sounds like a X files episode to me.

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

Obviously it was airborne Yeti's Eel.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

About 15 to 20 years ago I was hunting Hoback Peak with a friend for deer. We were glassing from one side of the north end of the mountain across a canyon to another ridge to the west. One of us spotted these 2 tall white upright animals that were walking straight towards us. After a whole lot of WTH's we reached the only logical conclusion, we were seeing Yetis. Just as I was going to spray my friend in the eyes with pepper spray because he's alot faster than me, the lead Yeti turned and dang if it didn't have 4 legs instead of 2.

No planes, copters or lights were observed.

I knew a yeti or sasquach would come up. Thanks for the fun stories. One time elk hunting I was coming up on this little
creak it was getting close to indian land and out of no where
i started to hear something that sounded like pots and pans
banging together. I turned around and high-tailed it out
of there and back to camp. scared the heck out of me

Eel I'm calling BS on that one.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-10 AT 11:15PM (MST)[p]Some years back, longer than I want to admit, we were in S. Dakota on a goose hunt on Souix Reservation land.

My cousin and I were out looking for varmints the eve before the hunt started and we hear singing.

Now, this area we are in is a long way from anywhere, so somebody out in the boonies singing is REALLY wierd.

We sneak over this ridge and sure enough, we spot a dozen Indians siting around a fire singing away.

Thinking that they were doing some exotic "Souix" warchant or something, we got all excited....I grew up around Paiutes...they don't know any war chants.

Anyway, imagine our disappointment, after belly crawling up on these "warrior" types, getting close enough to hear the song, taking a chance on geting scalped......and hearing the 17th chorus of........ "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"...

>D13er says he has pictures of
>a chick changing her pants
>along the trail in the
>Sawtooth Wilderness.

He said some guy named Carl took the pictures.

>>D13er says he has pictures of
>>a chick changing her pants
>>along the trail in the
>>Sawtooth Wilderness.
>
>
>He said some guy named Carl
>took the pictures.

I heard the photographer and the girl were really backcountry cross dressers swapping outfits...... Terry

About 6 years ago my brother and I hunted the rubys my cousin came along for fun, on the second day while my cousin and I were glassing I saw someone come over the top of a hill about two miles away my cousin asked me what they were doing and I told him one of them was taking a poop ,I know it was a long ways away but I could see the toilet paper roll siting on the rock.The next day my cousin came walking down to camp with the toilet paper in hand and I asked him why he went way up there when there was plenty of rocks and trees closer,well he found a cave and he was so worried sombody would glass him up doing his bussiness that he couldnt do it in the semi open any more.

There was a similar post in the general forum a while back. In the thread was a link to another site, with a similar thread.

It was long and weird. I read the whole thing and came to the conclusion that really freaky shiite happens in the northwest and in any desert. Strange stuff, too strange to make up...

Several years ago I ran across an elk gut pile with a wallet next to it. $600 cash, some cards, a DL from Michigan. Figured I would call it in on my way out of camp. Couple nights later we decided to head in to town and grab a burger. Saw this truck with MI plates at the diner and asked the most likely group. Yup, so and so is missing his wallet, but he is in the can. So, they took his wallet and dumped it under his chair after he sat back down...just to have a little fun with him.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-10 AT 02:38PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-10 AT 12:56?PM (MST)

>There was a similar post in
>the general forum a while
>back. In the thread
>was a link to another
>site, with a similar thread.
>
>
>It was long and weird.
>I read the whole thing
>and came to the conclusion
>that really freaky shiite happens
>in the northwest and in
>any desert. Strange stuff,
>too strange to make up...
>

Here is the link to that post and the link to the post on the other forum is in post #21. Great discussion on there about dead midgets (starting at post #58) found in the woods! NOT EVEN KIDDING! Apparently it is a lot more common occurence in the North West than one would expect!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b..._thread&om=14127&forum=DCForumID5&archive=yes

This is the link to that other forum - hilarious
freaky,cool stuff on there.

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=148441

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-10 AT 11:29AM (MST)[p]Not my find, but right next to my hunting spot.

A few years ago, some NPS workers were doing whatever they do and had reason to investigate something shining in a washout.

Turns out it was the button from a Civil War soldier's jacket. Dunno how much of him they found, but they found enough to make an ID. They dug through records at Fort Garland and discovered his name and that he likely died while on a hunting trip. Found his name through fort records.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Back around 1990, the draw Gods smiled on me and i drew a tuff to get X-zone tag here in Kali. The opening weekend, i was driving back to my little outfitt and noticed a trailer camp with a good buck hanging so i stopped in to chat and get a better look at that nice buck.

After the greetings and congrats were done, the guy who shot the buck told me he wanted for me to look at something. I followed him up the sage hillside, maybe 40-50 yds from his camp along the dirt road, where he started pointing out all these fish laying on the ground. They were Striped Bass! Here, there, a bunch of them, at least 10 that i saw, most about 7-10 pounders, laying scattered in the sage and obviously, not there too awful long.

He asked me how i thought that those fish could ever get out here in the high desert. To this day, it remains a mystery, one of the strangest things i ever saw!!

Joey

I saw what looked like the northern lights in central Nevada. They were striated like I've seen on t.v. and they were drifting across the sky to the east, but they were orange and red. It was a beautiful sight.

One of the craziest things I've seen as far as deer, I saw a buck act like a whipped dog once.
I was backpack hunting way up above tree line in the rocks. I made it to an outcropping and peeked over a rock and saw two pretty nice bucks feeding about 100yrds away. The bigger of the two was a 25-26" 4pt with crabby forks. I decided to pass but didn't really want to spook them. I laid there for awhile watching them and decided to have a cliff bar. While unwrapping it, I noticed they could hear the wrapper and were on full alert. When they went back to feeding, I crinkled the wrapper again. This went on for awhile, they would go back to feeding, I would crinkle the wrapper and they would perk up. I was getting a good laugh out of it.
Finally I decided I needed to keep hunting so I stood up. Both bucks were pinned on me immediately, but they didn't run. I gathered up my stuff, put my pack on, and started walking towards them.
As I got closer I noticed the 4pt had stopped looking at me. I stopped and looked through the binos and was surprised to see him with his head lowered, and his ears flat, looking to the right. He would glance in my direction briefly then looking away, only moving his eyes.

This went on for awhile until I got about 30 yrds. The other buck got nervous and took a couple steps and finally the 4pt looked at me. I circled a little, getting closer and closer, until finally they decided I was too close and they both took off.

Anyone else see a buck act like this?

"The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in its pursuit." ~ Aldo Leopold

Had a little spike do that last year during the archery hunt in strawberry. He stood very still and never moved. We WALKED up to about 10 feet and he never moved. had his head down in the brush. I got to about 8 feet and he started to tremble. I backed off to about 25 and he took off pooping down both legs. kinda funny.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Last October I was with my son on his hunt in area 6 Nv. The last evening we were there, right at dusk we heard a loud screech down in the canyon. Made the hair on the back of our necks stand on end. We looked at each other and then heard it again. It kind of sounded like the cross between a hawk and a person screeming. I'll tell you even standing there with him having a loaded rifle it still gave me the creeps. If I had to guess it was a mountain lion. From what I've heard others say thats what they can sound like. It was wierd I'll tell you that.

10 yrs ago, while in my younger days, i tried "mushrooms" 2 times.

well- the crazyest sh!t i ever saw was 1st: a fly flying in and out of every verticle blind in my house, second: i watched a shooting star spell my name in cersive(sp??)
that was probably the last time i ever "experimented"...

Not hunting but I was fishing once on the Deschutes River. First thing was we hiked in early one morning for about 2 hours and the plan was to fish back out to the truck. After about 1 hour fishing we were across from a camp on the other side. This "hippy" type gal comes out to the river to clean up. Hair everywhere (I mean everywhere) and fat. Likely ugly too but a little too far to really tell. I had to skip about 3 good spots to fish just to get away. That afternoon I was fighting a really good fish on a bend in the river. Very hot with lots of rafters. So this group comes around the corner with 6 college like gals and the one guide. The guide moved in behind me to avoid the fish and all of the gals were butt naked. It was a pretty good make up for the early morning gal. Funny 2 of the gals tried to like hide while the others stood up to watch. I guess the two gals didn't like fly fishing! Landed the fish though.

A buddy from work invited me on a blacktail hunt a few years back. I said yes, and upon arriving to camp I was suprised to see an awesome trailer equiped with state of the art tv, and margerita mixer. I had a week to hunt, so the hell with it lets relax for a day or two.

Day two the wives showed up for a night, as well as my buddies nephew. Early the next morn the alarm went off and it was time to hunt. My wife rolled over, and instead of wishing me luck, she asked if I had ##### my pants. I said no, but that I smelled it also. As the trailer came to life, I noticed that my buddies wifes little dog had pooped all over the floor. About that time the nephew crawled out of his sleeping bag, and I'll be a son of a gun if his pj's were now camo. Some how he managed to be covered in dog poo. As I looked over the war scene, there was poo all over the trailer floor, inside and out of a sleeping bag, and all over my buddies nephew.

My buddy hearing the goings on came over to investigate. As I glanced up, I noticed he was still in his damn underware. My buddy not liking what had happened opened up the trailer door and threw the sleeping bag, and his poopy covered nephew out into a snow storm! I thought the dog was next, but that dog went and crawled into bed with my buddies wife.

So the scene in front of me was a young hunter wearing poopy pj's in a snow storm, a man in little black underware cleaning poopy, and a dog that had just poopied was now in bed, with what appeared to be a smile on his face!

Strange? Strange indeed!!!

I was the strange sight once. Me and my buddy were driving back to camp after a hard evening drinking in his '42 willys army jeep with his gsp dog in the back and the jerry rigged 8 track belting out Waylon from the glove box. It was getting to be about headlight time when we saw a guy on the side of the road that looked like he stepped out of the ll bean catalogue. He had brand new everything gun, swaro scope, swaro bino's etc. He also had a worried look on his face. We stopped to talk and he asked if we had seen his guide on the road, as he had been let out to hike and now was lost. We told him we had'nt but we would be more than happy to give him a ride. He looked over us and the dog and the beer cans and declined. I told my buddy we must be a rough looking bunch if he would rather be lost than ride with us. He had good instincts though, I would have robbed him for his gear, lol!

Out hiking near my house last year I ran into a single marijuana plant. I didn't think much of it and I kept going. About 10 days later I'm watching the news as helicopters are airlifting out hundreds of plants right where I had been in the middle of a state park! The "care-taker" had a camp set up and everything, they showed a picture of it with tarps and propane tanks etc. I prolly had sub machine guns trained on me the whole time. Scary.

Once I ran into another guy from Utah at Panguitch Lake.

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, then why did He make them out of meat?"
~Ted Nugent

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom