Custer State Park Buffalo Hunt

brdhuntr

Looking for info. on this hunt,and was wandering if anyone has drawn this hunt in the past. Are the odds pretty good to draw,and would it be better to put in for the cow over the bull hunt? Thanks for any help..

I have never put in for it, although every year I plan on it. I am pretty sure you can draw a cow tag the first year.

"In the breast of every meat hunter there beats the heart of a secret, frustrated trophy hunter."

the cow tags are more reasonable. pound for pound compareable to buying one and having it slaughtered.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

treedagain---There are no cow tags issued for the Park. They ear tag bulls that are over ten years old and then a Park employee takes the person out in a jeep for $5K and tells you what animal to shoot. Those animals are so used to people that if you've been there you would know that they walk right through the campgrounds and don't even move when people walk right up to them.

The information form i got was that there are cow tags for 1000, and non-trophy bull tags for 1500. The trophy bulls are 5000. I would be interested in the cow,since i don't care about a bull,and the meat is the best! I put in every year for Wy. and Mt.,and have not drawn yet, and the Dakota herd is still a wild strain. I will already be In Wy. cooking for an outfitter,and if i draw i can go harvest a cow,and head home,after my Elk and Whtetail hunt. Thanks for the info..

brdhuntr---Sorry if I have given out incorrect information, but what I posted was the information given on a site I googled. Canned hunts are essentially what we're talking about here and I don't know how they could be entered into the book if they are in a high fence area like all of Custer Park is. Hey Walt, where did you get the information that they can be entered into B&C?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-12 AT 03:11PM (MST)[p]Thanks! I found it on the website and it says B&C lists them in a separate section as "Custer County, SD." You learn something every day!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom