D DAY

nickman

Long Time Member
Today is the anniversary of D-Day.
So many Americans gave it all on this day.

God bless those Patriots! ..........and shame on the America we live in today, that is willing to crap on the ideals those men died for!

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

Always have had great respect for all those who sacrifice for me and mine. my family has a great military history. had 2 uncle's shot on Utah beach, 1 in the shoulder ( was killed in a plane crash 3 years later) and 1 was shot 3 times when he jumped from the boat, before his feet hit the water, He lost a lung and came home and got a job as a postman. I remember TRYING to keep up with him as a kid, hiking on the Deer hunt. He said his postman job and all the walking was great therapy. he retired in 1976 I think it was. Had 1 grandpa in WW1,2 uncle's in WW2, Dad was in Korea, All Army 1 Brother, Marine, Veitnam. All are passed on now But remembered and Loved. Thank you all Vets " Salute"

+1!!!!

My father was a navigator on a B-17 during the war. Though he didn't hit the beach, he's still got some amazing stories of the missions he flew (on D-day an others....).

Kudos to those brave men!!

S.

:)

I watched the movie yesterday that was made of the WWII landing on Normandy etc. The main star was David Keith as the SSgt and some other stars, but names. It was made in 1950 and I do remember seeing it back then with my dad.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

My Dad was there. Due to the intense fighting he didn't hit the beech til the 2nd day. Was in a Calvery recon unit. Of the 30-35 in his unit that started, only 2 made it to the end.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

My sister was in France about a month ago and visited Utard beach where Dad waded ashore. She said it was very humbling. She also saw the remnants of operation Mulberry at Arromanches. Dad worked on those while in England prior to the invasion.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom