Dad's AZ archery buck!

jasn

Thought I'd share one of my favorite hunts of all time, just Dad and I! Spot and stalk, Dad and I teamed up on this lope on the fourth day of our archery hunt, which we scouted and pre-named "Skinny" because from a far way off, he looked abnormally tall and thin (he actually has decent mass, but the height creates a misperception). I spooked the heard on my stalk for the second time and they finally headed Dad's way. He passed on the first smaller bucks because he knew the heard buck wasn't going to leave the does and was sure to follow. Sure enough Skinny came up over the hill, paused at the top as antelope usually do to take a look, and Dad got the shot. The buck jumped the string, but it still hit and dropped him in his tracks.

Dad was ecstatic, jumping up and down! I was just as happy as him, we were both cheering "You got Skinny, I can't believe it, you got Skinny!" The hard work finally paid off. Very neat and unique buck, and good 'ole Dad is tickled! I'll have to make a plaque with the buck's name, so it can go up on the wall right beneath Skinny. Nothing beats a great hunt with dad, one to remember forever!

44e3ce966f3fdbf6.jpg

44e3cef971166f96.jpg

Congrats to your dad. That's a great buck with any weapon, and evern better memories. That's what it's all about.

Congrats to your dad, and to you for getting to be there with him, awesome buck too.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Hey Jason,

My name is Blake. I am the guy with the maroon Toyota Tundra guiding my hunter. That is one awesome buck. I am glad to see some pictures. I was so excited to see that buck on the ground that I forgot to ask if I could take a few pictures. Did you ever get the tape on him??

Oh yeah, I saw that big one again, right back up on that bench where he likes to hang out. I named him "Waldo", because every time I was glassing looking for him, I kept saying to myself, "I know you are here, but where are you?" He is becoming very crafty. I suspect, though, that once he really starts to rut hard, he will get a little dumb and someone will arrow him.

Are you going to be out in the area again before the hunt ends??

Tell you dad congrats again for me. That is a superb buck!

Blake

Blake, good to hear from you, I sent you a PM.

Taxidermist green scored him, but he measured the third diameter below the prong due to the 1/4 of the length where it fell, I always thought it needed to be above the prong. Anway green at 83 with his measurement. Looks impressive because he is so tall, so will make a great mount no matter what the score.

Every now and then you will see a buck that will get the third measurement under the prong. It really helps the score. I think I have only seen three or four where that happened. I thought when I was looking at him Monday that he may get it, but I wasn't sure. No matter what the score, he will look great on the wall.

Good luck on Waldo. If you kill him, I better be the first to know!

Great buck no wounder I cant find him. And for Blake, waldo is on the ground. A guy shot him at 100yds and hit him between the eyes.

I hope that guy was Jason. He has been hunting him pretty hard. It would be nice if it paid off for him.

Who ever it is deserves a big congrats.

Blake

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom