Deep sea fishing!

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
I am looking for any info on fishing from the Oregon coast. I will be visiting family in Portland and was hoping to get away for a day to do some fishing and possibly crabbing. I have checked out a few websites, but wanted any other info I could get. Thanks for the help. Justin

There's a charter out of Depot bay that's pretty good. Or like we do, just wait till high tide and fish the jetties and you will catch sea bass and lingcod like crazy! Just just plastic worm jigs and bounch off the bottom. It works great and the fish are abundant! Even if high tide is at 11PM at night, just take a lantern and have fun!

muleyman

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-08 AT 06:48AM (MST)[p]The last time I was at Newport they told me that the jetty is shut down at 10:00 pm. May be I got bum info. I have fished with Trade winds and the Embarcadaro. Both companies were really good. The best trip was a Combination bottom fish and crabbing. I dont know if this is allowed but you might check out www.ifish.com and check the salty dog forum.

Back
Top Bottom