Dodge warranty question

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
So, against all odds dad decided to buy a 2007 2500 with the cummins. he wants to put a levelin kit on the front, what are your thoughts/experience on putting the leveling kit on and what does it do to the warranty?
Casey

I have a 04 2500 dodge. Put a leveling kit and 35" tires 6 months after I bought it. Does not effect the warranty. My son just bought a 07 1 month ago and put a 6" lift with 38" tires. The only bad effect is getting in and out. Just bought a programer for mine, really helped the performance and fuel economy

Casey, putting a lift on will usually not void the warranty but I would call the dealer to make sure. Then read the small print about modifications in your manual to see if it matches up. If the dealer installs the lift you will usually get it warranteed because he is a Dodge dealer. I can tell you that a programmer will void it out if it ever gets beyond the dealership on a warranty issue. Just had a buddy that had one on his truck and he smoked his tranny and had to pay out of his pocket for repairs $4000.00. The dealer also informed him the rest of his warranty was void and that it was in the national computer! Chrysler can tell that a truck has had a programmer (most brands) on it even if it's unloaded before taken back to the dealer for work and they seem to be enforcing this more than in the past. Hope you like your Cummins I have one and it's been a good vehicle.

The leveling kit shouldn't be a problem, suspension parts are warrantied directly byy Chrysler, so you have some room to negotiate with the local dealer. The programmer however absolutely will put you in a bind because all engine parts are covered by Cummins, and they absolutely will not replace anything if it has been modified.

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

I heard the Dodge Truck warranty says in fine print :
( you shoulda bought a Chevy )

I didn't buy a Dodge, I bought a Cummins. And that Cummins will be running long after the Japanese, diesel-converted V-8 in your Chevy is in the scrap heap!

Yea! That's what the last 3 or 4 guys said that have already replaced their Dodges!

Trophy that's no way to talk about a cummins especially when you have such a hard time keeping up with them pulling anything that weighs more than 50 lbs! But then again loaded i'm sure you never really saw the front of one to appreciate it's mechanical beauty! :^)

You will not void your warranty with a leveling kit, your not changing the geometry enough to matter. This is the suspensions I run in my work truck & personal truck http://www.lorenzindustries.com/home2.html. If you're looking for a controlled Cadillac ride on & off-road or while you hunting/scouting these guys got what you need. Running this equipment is like night & day over stock. If you ever been out here in Unit 2 New Mexico hunting with all the oilfield roads we have out here you know what I am talking about they will beat you to death and your truck. The washboards are eliminated, going over the big bumps & wash outs are smooth. I am not trying to be a salesman but if you have a dodge you got to get one of these kits they offer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom