Does it really matter what brand bowstring?

I'm looking to replace my bowstring on my Bowtech RPM360. Does it really matter which brand of bowstring I choose? I hear a lot about Winner's choice, Zebra, Stone Mountain, etc... but not sure what the "quality" difference is.

What do you archery fanatics think?

Cheers!

Yes it absolutely matters. Bad strings are just that.....bad. They will stretch more and give you timing issues among other things.
A good string will do neither. Winners Choice are NOT what they once were since they were bought out. Stay clear of them. Zebra strings would be a decent choice, not sure about Stone Mt.
IMO I would choose a good custom string maker. A good builder is not too hard to find. My personal favorite are Droptine Outdoors strings. Just based on the owners experience and equipment, they are top shelf strings.

Also looking at America's Best, VaporTrail, and Octane. But I am not married to any, just curious what other folks are using and their experiences.

Thank you, in advance for your experiences and recommendations! :D

There's quite a few good string makers out there. It's kind of like the who makes the best bow or truck debate, a lot of different opinions. Personally I like 60x.

60x is ok, but I prefer JBK bowstrings. Whoever you choose don't go with 8190 for a material if it is offered, you'll lose speed if you do.

I agree that there is a huge difference in strings. I think good strings are worth their weight in gold. Save money else where and buy good strings !

I ended up going with VT VTX strings. So far, so good. Thanks for the suggestions...gave me a lot of brands to look up reviews on. A local vendor delt with VT and America's Best, so I went with VT.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom