Draw dates

A

AZBULLS

You would think I would remember from year to year when to expect the draw results, but I don't. When was it last year?

Thanks,
Craig

>Last year was March 29th around
>10:30am. This year should be
>close to March 25th if
>all goes well at the
>AZG&F.

If all goes well, I should get a TAG! 6A Muzz
Thank you, PLEASE !!!

Well. History has shown 6 weeks from the due date. Maybe the furlough days slow things down...Maybe late this week:) Maybe longer:(

Hopefully before the Colorado deadline, because a Colorado mule deer hunt is my back up plan if I don't draw an elk tag, but I know this is my year so sorry Colorado.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-11 AT 08:38PM (MST)[p] The draw didnt come out last year until after the arizona game and fish had there expo.They dont want a bunch of pissed off people boycotting there event. Look for the draw to be the following monday or tues after the expo around 10:30.

well there expo isn't till the 26th and 27th so hopefully the beginning of next week

Everybody knows somebody who knows somebody
who knows somebody with inside information from
a credible source.

Never fails......

Not likely they're going to delay the draw for land issues.

19B land access issue:
http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/New...-Chino-Grande-Ranch-at-March-23-meeting.shtml

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/
The-Wave-9-15-10edited_210.jpg

If they have to reduce permit numbers for the two hunts, enter the new parameters, and redo the draw and recheck results, I would expect a delay. Or knowing the possible reduction in permits since AZGFD was informed, the original draw may have been held up until this situatuation is resolved. Either way, I would expect the results out later than if the Big Chino had not closed access.

What is somewhat surprising is that G&F was only recently informed. Wonder if there was prior knowledge/workings on the situation and any resolution/agreement broke down leading to the ranch's position?

We should know more from listening to today's webcast at noon.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-11 AT 02:31PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-11 AT 11:28?AM (MST)

I suspect that this is a result of an outfitter partnering with the ranch. $$$$. Same as in 2010?

In the commission meeting, comment was made about solar development being the cause of possible closure. However it was said that no permits could be found that have been issued yet for this development

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-11 AT 12:18PM (MST)[p]Looks like April draw this year. Always some BS.
Looks like i am putting in for NM and CO without draw results in AZ.

I could have a problem( with the wife) but maybe a good one for me:).

During the telephonic meeting on Wednesday the Game and Fish Department will be presenting the commission with various options, which may include amendments to Commission Order 3hunt ((((((numbers 2022 and 2054))))))))) to address the pending big game drawing for pronghorn antelope in Unit 19B for this fall.

Here's a question......who's schedule are these draw results going to be late by? It's not Game and Fish's. The only thing they have a set date is when the tags will be mailed out by.

If the draw has already been completed, I don't see them redoing the entire thing for those who applied for 19B.

Everyone is expecting this week or next. I was referring to that in saying it would be later. It looks like this week or next is highly unlikely.

So what did they decide at the meeting? I wasn't able to get sound so didn't really do any good to watch it.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-11 AT 02:28PM (MST)[p]After discussion of options, the commission voted 3-2 to reduce the number of antelope permits in 19B to ZERO for both the archery and general hunts for 2011 only. There should be a press release later today.

The first option was to run the draw as is with successful applicants having the option to not receive a permit and receive a refund and BP.
The second option was to run the draw with a reduced number of permits reflective of the possibility to not hunt Chino Grande.
The third option was to have 0 permits.

All options were said to have have negative impacts.
In the draw, a person's next hunt choice would move up with the removal of 19B hunt choices.

I understood the possible closure of Chino Grande to be due to development of solar energy.

It was stated by Brian that the draw has not been run yet.

People are saying the draw has not occurred, but the
following is in the G&F press release:

"The deadline to apply for the upcoming draw was Feb. 8 and the draw results are pending, giving the commission only days to modify the affected hunts without affecting thousands of other hunters."

So, who knows.......

>People are saying the draw has
>not occurred, but the
>following is in the G&F press
>release:
>
>
>"The deadline to apply for the
>upcoming draw was Feb. 8
>and the draw results are
>pending, giving the commission only
>days to modify the affected
>hunts without affecting thousands of
>other hunters."
>
>
>So, who knows.......

Keep reading further down the press release:

"With the elimination of these two hunts, the draw program will treat any choice where these hunts were selected as if all tags had been issued and move to the applicant's next choice."

"...the draw program WILL treat..." Future tense.

It doesn't say..."the draw program TREATED any choice..." Past tense.

I take this as the draw hasn't been run yet.

Im sick of groups,individuals, tibes etc, closing lands to the "general" hunting public. If there is state land or BLM land on a property the entity owning a "checkerboard" property should not be allowed to close it. Albeit makes sense if they want to close their personal road that they have built without taxpayer money or taxpayer interest in said land. However If that land is Checkerboard they should have no right to keep the public out during legal hunting seasons.
I was shut out of a hunt in unit 32 by the San Carlos Apache Tribe when they decided two weeks before my December hunt to close access, to public land. Thats all well and good, its their road thaat they restricted access to Land that is mine yours and ours. Yet the tribe Members can apply for hunts that are not on tribal land etc etc.
It's pathetic and ridiculous that the majority suffer.
My .02, okay Ranchers Take your best shot.

Although I may adding to the fire and helping to hijack a thread, LOL never been accused of that LOL, I agree 100%. I will even go a step forward on this. If the property has a PUBLIC road going thru it, or uses a PUBLIC road to access it, a land owner should be held responsible to provide alternate access either thru or around the property. We tax payers pay for the "checkerboard" but cant use it? We pay for the roads but can only follow it until it deadends at somebody's line? Thats BS!

I wasn't trying to "hijack a thread,"Sorry if i did. I was only trying to make a point about "our" land in Arizona that we hunt. The Ranchers, not all inclusive, want to say they are the stewards of the land and I will agree that alot of them are good stewards, and there are those that trash the land when they use it.
But I believe that the Big Chino Ranch owners are dead wrong in this and should be held accountable, energy farm or not. So I agree with you Maddglasser 100% but i've not been accused of being politically correct recently. And once again Im sorry if I hijacked anything.
Bugler

I'm going to disagree with the majority of guys. Private property rights are just that....rights. Hunting is a privilege.

If the government can go to forcing me to allow you to walk all over my land when and where does it end? While I am as pissed as anyone about access I do not want the government telling me that I MUST allow access. If it applies to a ranch then it can apply to anyone that owns property. I for one am sick of being told what I must do and when and how to do it.

If a road travels through private property then let the government at it's expense cut a road around it. I drove 18 miles of dirt road once on an antelope scout only to find it went through a hundred feet of private property. There was a gate at both places where the road crossed the fence. I had to turn around. It would have taken a road grader about 30 minutes to cut a road around the property line and there would have been no problems. Instead I turned around and drove back out. It was that landowner's RIGHT to block access denying me the PRIVILEGE to hunt.

And one other thing that I see all the time is state trust land being called public land. It is not. It is land held in trust.

You're more than welcome to use the public land. You're just not going to cross pvt to do it.

Rent a helicopter and go hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11 AT 09:35AM (MST)[p]If there is such a thing as public land grazing rights then it is a result of the government entering into a legal contract with some entity giving them that right.

There will be unintended consequences if the government gets involved in property rights. They already have enough power in our every day lives.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11 AT 10:10AM (MST)[p]thats dumb, the government is the only reason there are property rights, do you think god gave the earth to a select few?

Holy cow Piper I find my self agreeing with you. Great question. IF the rancher is allowed to graze on "state trust land" why are they allowed to close it off. I said I agreed to the road clsure if its on their land but not with keeping taxpayers out when they are legally allowed to hunt. As in the Arizona law concerning "state trust land" an individual with a valid license is allowed to hunt there.
The G&F commission in Arizona is too full of ranchers and politicians. It should be ran by those with a vested interest in hunting and fishing not an interest in ranching or anything of the sort.
And by the way what good would a helicopter do? Shoot from the air or drop in? If you say drop in why not just hop the fence?
Anyways I spoke to G&F today and was advised by the friend of mine that they did not want to post the draw until after the expo and they are redrawing the antelope apps only and per him he said two more weeks but was unsure as to the exact date.
Take care.
Bugler.

Some of you guys need to focus a bit and maybe attend a few meetings. This is one of the best commissions we've had in years. They are activily promoting hunters rights and last year they actually talked the owner of the Chino Grande ranch that closed this year into remaining open for the hunts. This commission was responsible for getting prop 109 on the ballot to protect hunters rights. So while some of you think they're misguided i suggest it may be you that needs to open your eyes a bit. These guys have actively been working on Congress state and Federal levels to get legislation passed to put an end to the wolf nonsense and protect hunters rights. They're certainly not perfect but they aren't championing anti hunters causes like members of the previous commissions did and the guys doing it in some cases are ranchers!

We have good and bad ranchers thruout this state but if it wasn't for ranchers our wildlife would have been in much worse shape than it is today in many areas. I'm 100% opposed to access fees but we as hunters are definately misguided in thinking that the animals we hunt and hunters haven't benefitted from the ranchers efforts in many areas of our state. We need to keep the doors of communication open and slamming the ranching community is a sure fire way to see a few more gates locked and more access denied. Maybe those of you opposed to this commission would be better served focusing your efforts on those individuals that keep waving the $$$$ in front of the ranchers telling them they can make more money by shutting off access and charging for it. This commission has worked hard to improve your rights to hunt and as such needs to be acknowledged not maligned.

Your right Chris, this commision, although not perfect in everybody's eyes, are way more balanced to the concerns of hunters and wildlife.

One thing about hunting being a privledge...I disagree with that.The earliest man was a hunter, we give the gov't the priveledge and responsibility of managing it!

I have to appolgize. I did not mean to lash out at the G&F commish. I just feel like as hunters we are constantly under the scrutiny of the nons and anti's. We seem to lose out to those with the money. I know good ranchers myself but when I look at a map that checkerboard with private and state land, that we are allowed to hunt on, yet deep pockets and environmentalists as well as politicians can pretty much do as they wish at our expense. Well that aint right.
As I said before if you own all the land then by all means that land is yours to do as you wish. When you dont you cannot. Why is that so hard.
Again I appologize for my harsh comments on the game commish as I am sure they are doing their best. I have read their bios and see nothing that would lead me to believe otherwise. Im just fed up with alot of issues. And hey I didnt even put in for antelope this year, so my complaint isnt because I wanted a tag guys.
good luck to all of you in the draw, whenever it comes out.
Bugler

Personally I hope the Game and Fish takes advantage of this to survey and do studies on the effects of taking a year off from hunting in 19b. I would assume it would be safe to say that the 19b hunters in 2012 are def going to benefit from the goats not getting hunted this year. I've been saying for years I would be willing to take a few years off from hunting certain units for the potential benefits from letting the herds mature a little bit. Take for example the general deer hunt in unit 7 that averages from 800-1000 tags every year. Personally I feel thats too many tags even if the herd was in better shape, but every year I see good bucks and feel that if the herd was given a chance to mature it could be a phenominal hunt! Look at what taking a few years off has done for the bookcliffs and the Henrys in Utah. I understand the loss of revenue from the 1000 tags is pretty substantial, but just think of the benefits for the future generations if we would look into different strategies for managing our herds. It would be cool to have unit re-habs and then rotate it where every year there are a couple units that are totally closed to hunting for certain species. Just a thought...

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom