Drew a tag in Unit 45 for Deer- Need help!

I

IDHunter11

I drew a tag for unit 45 for deer. I have never hunted it, just heard about it. I am very flexible during the season and plan on hunting most of the 15 days. I am looking for my once in a life time buck. If anyone wants to help point me in the direction where to look I would appreciate it. I'll cover all the expenses I just need some local help. Let me know if you want to look for a big one!

If you have only heard about it and never hunted it you should consider hiring the outfitter in the unit. Their local and can give you the help you need.

Getting a guide for unit 45 is like hiring a guide for the Boise zoo.

I believe it depends on what kind of buck you are tying to kill. If you would be happy with a really good 4x4 you will have no problem. If you are looking for the buck of a lifetime then I would recommend hiring a guide. It will maximize your chances of harvesting one. Giant bucks do not live under every piece of brush in any unit, 45 included.

I don't know what the fire activity in 44 will do to this hunt. It might drive everything in early and it could be just loaded with deer. It might be the best year to have a 45 tag since the late hunts were available. Time will tell.

You will have no problem finding a big 4x4, however you will probably need a guide to distinguish the big from the once in a life time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom