Drone Use Barred in Boone and Crockett Records

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Just got an email newsletter from the Boone & Crockett club. What's your take on it? Are the drones much different than ultralight aircraft? Or airplanes in general? Don't they all offer that same advantage?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drone Use Barred in Boone and Crockett Records

MISSOULA, Mont.--Trophies scouted or taken with the assistance of drones/unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) are not eligible for entry in Boone and Crockett records, the Club announced today.

"These highly sophisticated, remote-controlled aircraft have no place in fair-chase hunting," said Richard Hale, chairman of the Club's Big Game Records Committee. "The Boone and Crockett Club stands with state wildlife agencies, the Pope and Young Club and hunter-conservationists everywhere who are discouraging the use of drones in hunting."

In the early 1960s, the Boone and Crockett Club barred trophies taken with use of aircraft. "Spotting or herding game from the air, followed by landing in its vicinity for the purpose of pursuit and shooting" was deemed unethical. The Club's policy spawned regulations in Alaska and elsewhere designed to protect the integrity of hunting and conserve game.

Hale said Boone and Crockett is always on alert for new technologies that could erode the time-honored traditions of fair chase.

Fair chase is defined by the Club as the ethical, sportsmanlike and lawful pursuit and taking of any free-ranging wild, native North American big game animal in a manner that does not give the hunter an improper advantage over such animals.

About the Boone and Crockett Club
North America's first hunting and conservation organization, the Boone and Crockett Club was founded by Theodore Roosevelt in 1887. Its mission is to promote the conservation and management of wildlife, especially big game and its habitat, to preserve and encourage hunting and to maintain the highest ethical standards of fair chase and sportsmanship. Join us at www.boone-crockett.org.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

It's sad to think that some guys would actually believe it to be OK to hunt/scout with a drone.

That's a no-brainer for B&C to ban them! We all should condemn them too! (of course I feel the same way about some other electronic gadgets)

The 1000 yard laser-paint your target rifle "platforms" (as the new diinks call them) should be banned from any and all hunting. Fun to shoot? Yes. Hunt with them? NO and never!

Oh, don't get me started!

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-14 AT 03:35PM (MST)[p]Good call by B&C and its a good idea to tighten the law further via State regulations.

Better to get in front of the technology for the sake of fair chase.

There seems to be no lengths some will go through to ensure a trophy animal at all costs. There needs to be limits on technology, and not allowing drones is a good place to be.

Ah... ? How common are drones in hunting ? I know the military uses them. Does Mossback have there own drone now ? I wouldn't think that this is happening in hunting today. A little to expensive for most of us, I would think .

For under $1,000 you can get live-feed drones with plenty of range. There are a lot of guys that would pay that in a heartbeat to scout over the next ridge without hiking it.

Ban them in all states... even for scouting!

Grizzly

Wait Just a GAWD-DAMNED Minute!

Do you realize what I just invested in My new set of Eyes?

OK for ATV's to do the damage they've done over the last 25 years and now you're sayin I can't use my new Scouting Rig?

Ain't nothing ever been totally Banned in the Basin!

I'll Guaran-damn-tee you I'm gonna get my monies worth back out of what I've Invested!

I could Care less about any entries in to the B&C Record Books!

I want them on my Wall!:D:D:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I opted to pass on the Drones that look like Drones!

Nobody Shoots Condors,Right?

You shoot My Condor You'll get your Ass Spanked!

7406drone.jpg

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

>Heck Bess theres no camera on
>that bird! Or does
>he just come back and
>tell you what he saw?
>

You just can't see the Cam!:D

The Cam is Camo'ed!:D

The Day I took the Pic I was Flyin Him on South Myton Bench trying to locate some of them 450"+ Anthro Sheds but to No avail!

At a Distance I did see elkun stop his Rig & stick his Barrel out the Window when He seen My Bird!

He's either got a Silencer & a Poor Shot or Chickened out?

interesting...what is B&C stance on trail cams...? seems it is not "fair chase" to take pics of wildlife from an unmanned device in the air but it is ok to take pics of wildlife from unmanned devices on land.

>I see you
> haven't noticed the hole
>in your truck, yet???

Matter a Fact I did just look at my Truck you PLICK!

Thought it was just another Rust Hole but on closer Inspection I see an 30.06 Hole!

Gonna be Flyin My Condor again this weekend out South!

Stay the Hell away elkun!

Very true on the trailcams. Not a lot different. And, who can use 2 dozens drones at one time?

Anyone know how B&C compares ultralights and helicopters with the drones? Is it ok with them if someone finds a giant using a paraglider or helicopter, but not if they find it with a drone?

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Been several Entries entered that were Scouted/Located with ultralights!

Nothin wrong with My Condor though is there?

Montana banned the use of trail cams during commissioned seasons.

I wanted to take a scalp,but the kill was not mine.

Does fair chase include the guide services that take their clients on the new high fence in the migration path so they can shoot the big trophies as they bounce off the fence. Of course that includes all you sportsmen who are complaining about the drone and other aircraft that would be hunting the fence line. That was more of a canned hunt than the drones or other aircraft would ever be. I'll bet some of those big deer are now in B&C.

When we were down there looking during the management hunt, there were two real trophies on the fence line unable to find the route under the highway. One hit it so hard it found itself flat on its back. The BGB could have regulated that area this year, but didn't see the urgency of a couple of years.

Let the show begin!!

RalE: Drone Use Barred in Boone and Crockett Records

wanted dead or alive. condors flying south myton bench , extra if you get a atv ground back up???

Hunting for Muleys and elk sure has become a mess. I can spot and scan animals but don't want to take a long range shot ever. A little wind and you don't hit a vital.

Glad they banned them, good move!

Scouting has sure become easier now day, then it was years ago.
Tons of pre scouting can be done on a computer:

I can plan out my route using Satellites (google earth)
I can find out who hunted the unit, and how they did
I can watch youtube videos of animals killed in the area

>Glad they banned them, good move!
>
>
>Scouting has sure become easier now
>day, then it was years
>ago.
>Tons of pre scouting can be
>done on a computer:
>
>I can plan out my route
>using Satellites (google earth)
>I can find out who hunted
>the unit, and how they
>did
>I can watch youtube videos of
>animals killed in the area
>
>......
>
>

And now I can Fly My Condor!

Careful there elkun!

Or I'll put my Camo Feathers on!:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom