Drop away rest

dillon

Very Active Member
I shoot a Hoyt Alphamax 32 and right now I have a whisker biscuit on it. It shoots good, but the shots are not super consistent. Plus I want to get something new and better on my bow that will allow me to shoot better. I don't think the whisker biscuit is built for fast bows.

What drop away do you like the most? I need one that make the arrow so it can't fall of the rest and is still quiet.

Thanks,

Dillon

Ripchord hands down. It allows you to have the arrow held in position as you stalk yet is still a fall away. Thank me later.

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

I shoot the older trophy taker and have had issues with my arrow coming off my rest when stalking mule deer or antelope through long grass. If you get mobile, you want a fully captive arrow rest like the ones mentioned. They didn't make them when I bought my bow 4 years ago and I agree the biscuit sucks unless you are tree stand hunting and never shoot over 30 yards. I will probably upgrade before next bow season, just dreading overhauling the whole bow because I'm shooting it really well right now.

I just replaced my WB with a QAD Ultra rest HD a couple of months ago. So far i love it. I'm with you on the WB, I don't think they are all that great.

I'm shooting a Ripcord now and while I do like it, the Limb Driver has been my favorite rest. Easy to set up and tune, and the spring steel launcher makes it very forgiving. There is a reason why top tournament archers shoot spring steel rests.

QAD HD ultra this is what i shoot and I could not be happier I have seen alot of issues with the ripcord.

QAD Ultra HD. I have this on a Hoyt CRX 35 and it works great. I just bought my wife a Maxxis 35 and put the QAD on it. They are very easy to tune. The only thing I would say is make sure the rest comes up to verticle in the last inch of the draw and you will have no vane contact.

Ripcord code red.. I switched from the trophy taker a year ago the week before the opener, was scared to death a bull elk and a record book bear later, I look back now and it was the best decision I made to date. I love my ripcord. But either one would be better than the WB.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-11 AT 10:14AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-11 AT 10:13?AM (MST)

Thanks for the advice. It sounds like a lot of people like the QAD Ultra Rest. I will be getting something either way by April so I can get as accurate as possible for the archery deer and elk hunt this fall. No reason to freeze to death in Logan to stay accurate when all you do is get frustrated and loose your arrows in the snow.

Thanks

I have the rip cord but like the advantage of the QUAD's forks staying in the shoot position in a slow draw let down. The rip cord does not allow this. In slow release the arrow will fall of the rest.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-11 AT 06:19PM (MST)[p]I've had a Tropy Taker on my Hoyt Ultramag for 4 years and it's held up to some abuse over the years (rain, sub-zero temps, snow ect). I've lost a couple arrrow though because I was at full draw and didn't notice the arrow had fallen off (too focused on the target).

I just ordered a CRX 32 and will try the Hoyt verson of the QAD Ultra this time around. While it's not that important while stand hunting here in the midwest, I really think the capture option and the ability to manually lock the rest up is critical for stalking.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom