Dumb question

happytohunt

Hunting antelope in about ten days..been a few years so I need to ask..how many 100 qt igloo coolers will be needed for 4 boned out antelope or bone in...? Plus capes?I am being optimistic..thanks hth

Well the one I shot a couple weeks ago fit into 1 game bag. So I think you can fit all the meat into 2 coolers. Probably want a 3rd one to put the capes into though cause I want the stinky hide away from my meat. Hope this helps.

Quartered you can fit 4 in a 100 quart, you can fit a entire un quartered large antelope in a 100 quart if not deboned or anything. So there you have it.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

Bettin if you boned em, the two you have will be plenty. 1 for the meat, 1 for the heads and capes. Good luck! Post some pics when ya git-r-done!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-28-16 AT 03:05PM (MST)[p]We just got back from WY and our cooler with a couple of frozen water jugs took only 2 deboned pronghorn. Not sure of exact cooler size but it is about 3' long, maybe a couple inches short. The 3rd pronghorn would not fit, not even close.

edit....Then you want capes in it too, you will need two coolers minimum for meat alone for the size we used (which after looking up dimensions must be 100 quarts or very close).

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Sounds like someone got the biggest antelope he could find, last time I was in wy, we got 4 lopes quartered with ice in the cooler. Maybe we got smaller or younger ones, I have seen some big does.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

>Sounds like someone got the biggest
>antelope he could find, last
>time I was in wy,
>we got 4 lopes quartered
>with ice in the cooler.
>Maybe we got smaller or
>younger ones, I have seen
>some big does.
>
>?If men were angels, no government
>would be
>necessary.? John Adams

like I said maybe it isn't a 100 qt cooler but it is at least 34" long, that is right in line with coolers listed on amazon. If you add up all the quarters, neck meat, leg meat, brisket etc.. it is surprisingly more than a person expects from a lope. Then if you add in a 1 gallon jug and a few more 20oz frozen bottles, there is no space for anything else.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Keep those capes dry. Antelope have hollow hairs so they will take blood in and it will hardly come out. They also will slip easily of not taken care of, keep em cold and dry.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom