DWR can learn from EXPO

troutcarver

I was just thinking after not reading my name on the Expo tag result list. This has been a long week in anticipating the what if I drew a great tag. Im glad it was one week and not three months.
Maybe the one and only thing the SFW has done right that I think the Utah DWR can learn from is to not take so long to let us know if we have drawn a tag or not. It makes it much better for me knowing I don't have a tag and to make other plans to go hunting. Now I get to put in for others and build the anticipation up for months to come to think of the what if's. Your thoughts?

Trout

200 tags vs tens of thousands, plus the Utah draws must consider eligibility and charge cards as well (takes weeks to do this alone) the expo tags are just for a voucher, they don't have to check license validity, eligibility, criminal exceptions, or take payment....

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

Close enough on the right forum...

If they split up the LE and the general season hunts, it could be done easily. There are not that many LE tags to begin with, it could only take a few weeks.

The draw could be done much quicker than it is now. However, the DWR waits until the end of winter have a look at survival before setting permit numbers. That is a large part of why there is such a long wait.

If you thought it was a long wait in the past, get ready because this year is going to be even worse. Results will be one month later this year than last, it just went through the last round of RAC and Board meetings.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

Utah DWR probably likes making money off a 90 day CD. Can't make any money off a 1 week CD.

I agree it is nice to know right away.
Maybe they could go to scratch and win tickets like a lotto?
But seriously I would have no problem with them holding the money for even longer or even requiring the tag price up front and then refunding it so they could generate more revenue.

At least they don't take as long as Wyoming for their deer and pronghorn. The app. deadline is March 15th and you don't get your results until the first week of July! That's like 4 months, and you have to front the money. I think they just like collecting interest on everyones money for 4 months.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom