Early Gila bow hunts

BigPig

Very Active Member
Due to a pregnant wife due in Early Oct, I was thinking about applying for the first bow hunt in 15 or one of the 16's. I know more about the second and third hunts obviously being closer to the rut, but what is the first hunt like? Is it worth it or just too hot? Are the bulls getting frisky at all yet or is it all water hole hunting? Is it possible to get your own water hole or is it just way too crowded? Any other comments?

ditto what train said. What were you thinking? Next time some self control would be in order.

To answer your question. I like the early part of the hunt.

You may catch the bulls by themselves which makes a stalk easier, they may be gathering cows which also makes hunting herd bulls easier.
NMG&F must think the earlier is better also, because they made it a High Demand hunt in my unit and the second archery is just Standard.

What makes you think she wont have the baby early and you have to go home anyhow?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom